Looking for good alternatives to Message+ App.

jexxrey

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Twitter
n/a
I don't like using Hangouts for default SMS, because it tends to get buggy after a while. Message+ is ok, but it seems to be a bit cumbersome, and I'm dealing with some really annoying autocorrect issues.

Do you still use Message+, or do you have a killer replacement that you'd recommend? This is the first Droid I've had since a series of HTC phones...I like it, but sorta miss some of the HTC features...

Thanks!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
I've been using Textra for a while now and it's been as easy to use as the stock HTC or other stock texting apps but has more customizing options. It doesn't have all the bloat that makes setting things up and using so convoluted like some others.
The auto correct bugs you're dealing with might be your keyboard. What keyboard are you using?
Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
J

jexxrey

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Twitter
n/a
Welcome to the forum.
I've been using Textra for a while now and it's been as easy to use as the stock HTC or other stock texting apps but has more customizing options. It doesn't have all the bloat that makes setting things up and using so convoluted like some others.
The auto correct bugs you're dealing with might be your keyboard. What keyboard are you using?
Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

I believe just the stock google keyboard. I found another thread that recommended disabling, rebooting, reinstalling the keyboard app. It's words like Xbox and OK that get corrected to xboXBOX and OOOK...Very similar to the other dude's issues, so I'll try that. I mainly ask for good recommendations, because I've used various SMS apps before and they inevitably end up buggy as hell...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Check out 8SMS. Slim. Fast. Looks very stock but adds in a few extra features. Easily the slimmest one there is that works flawlessly.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I use Google messenger, as my Message+ started to do odd stuff, Messenger works great.

OP
J

jexxrey

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Twitter
n/a
Check out 8SMS. Slim. Fast. Looks very stock but adds in a few extra features. Easily the slimmest one there is that works flawlessly.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Awesome. I'll check it out! Thanks

OP
J

jexxrey

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Twitter
n/a
I use Google messenger, as my Message+ started to do odd stuff, Messenger works great.

I used Messenger on my previous phone and it was frustrating...I liked it, but when MMS would come in, I received an "Unable to download mms" error from the default message app. I uninstalled/reinstalled, disabled, etc. etc. Haven't yet tried it on the new phone. Might work better. thanks

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I used Messenger on my previous phone and it was frustrating...I liked it, but when MMS would come in, I received an "Unable to download mms" error from the default message app. I uninstalled/reinstalled, disabled, etc. etc. Haven't yet tried it on the new phone. Might work better. thanks
Things certainly change on apps, one update and they're fixed or the other F...
I haven't seen any mms issues.
Good luck.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Another vote for Textra. Has great features very fast no issues what so ever. I like the ability for all the custom notifications for LED and what not.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Textra!

Sent from my Moto Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
And the paid version is well worth it!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And the paid version is well worth it!

What is it now? Around $2
I paid .99 for it when I got it and the developer support of it has made it worth much more to me. They put out an anti stagefright patch for their app weeks before the manufacturers and carriers pushed theirs out.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Go works great for me. Especially since the last few updates. It used to be a bloated mess, but over the past year they've really listened to their customers and cleaned it up quite a bit.

S5 tap'n