ATTN: All DROID X Users

pbj420

Reaction score
Be very careful with your phones!!!! If your are still covered under warranty and you have it replaced, you will not be given a DROID X. Instead they offer either the HTC Incredible or the DROID2. And on top of that both phones are refurbished.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ryanwv24

Reaction score
Be very careful with your phones!!!! If your are still covered under warranty and you have it replaced, you will not be given a DROID X. Instead they offer either the HTC Incredible or the DROID2. And on top of that both phones are refurbished.

are you talking about big red or asurion?

my wife had a droid inc and ran it over with the car and asurion was out of them so they upgraded her to a new tbolt with no questions.

cece5702

Reaction score

I just received a brand new Droid X last week when my first one started acting up after 2 1/2 weeks

jbrian420

Reaction score
If I was to get a thunderbolt as a replacement, I might have to .......

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
You are wrong..... they have no droid 2's only droid 2 globals

ryanwv24

Reaction score
You are wrong..... they have no droid 2's only droid 2 globals

im talking about the insurance i pay 6.99 or what ever a month. when my wife killed her phone with the car it was either a x or a tbolt both brand new and this was 2 weeks ago. i have proof if needed since i guess it is so hard to belive, droid-life even had a article about this. so i dont see how they ran out of x already plus your phone has to be equal and the x as 4.3 inch screen and the inc or d2 have smaller screen so it is really not equal.

OP
P

pbj420

Reaction score
@ryanwv24. Did u have to pay for the insurance claim?

OP
P

pbj420

Reaction score
A.d I was just at the store and I was told by a supervisor from Verizon on the phone at the Verizon store. They have no more DROID X's, neither new or refurbished.

DJSketch

Reaction score
Hmmm I would think that they would have to give you Droid X2 then if anything, but thats just my opinion. But hey if mine died an I was giving the option for Thuderbolt I would take it. But I don't think there completely out of Droid X's.

OP
P

pbj420

Reaction score
Well if u have better luck let me know.

OP
P

pbj420

Reaction score
The post says DROID X not the X2

Draken

Reaction score
i just called verizon and their sending me a certified like new Droid X.. i get it tomorrow.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Its most likely Asurion that is out of the DX, I had a OG droid that hit the bathtub last year thanks to my then 2 year old. Asurion was out of the OG droids so I got a D2 as my replacement. Not a bad upgrade for 89.99 in insurance replacement cost.

I now have a DX and am in no hurry to upgrade.

leonozug

Reaction score
I think it depends on the store you go to...I think a lot of the people who work at these stores care less what phone you want in a replacement situation...they just want to give you what ever models they have lying around to get rid of them. I would just tell no way, you want an X and you're not taking no for an answer.