attachment download help

inline6power

Reaction score
ok i am out of town and i recieved 4 e mails that had pdf attachents on them. when i click to view attachment, it says that the data was not downloaded and then when i try to download it, it takes forever then my phone will go to lock screen after 2 minutes. is there is a reason why it wont download the attachemtn? its just a scan pdf file thats not very big but it wont download it for some reason. any help is greatly appreciated.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
ok i am out of town and i recieved 4 e mails that had pdf attachents on them. when i click to view attachment, it says that the data was not downloaded and then when i try to download it, it takes forever then my phone will go to lock screen after 2 minutes. is there is a reason why it wont download the attachemtn? its just a scan pdf file thats not very big but it wont download it for some reason. any help is greatly appreciated.

Do you have an app that will read a pdf file, and are you on the Verizon network where you are?

OP
I

inline6power

Reaction score

Do you have an app that will read a pdf file, and are you on the Verizon network where you are?
yes in a verizon network where i am and i have the original pdf viewer that came with the phone. it worked at home no problem but once i go out of down, it wont download the file for somereason. now i also cant connect to market. it says there was a server error and to try back later.

OP
I

inline6power

Reaction score
now i can connect to the market but it still has trouble with the file in the e mail .

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hmm... I connected to the market just now with no problem. I don't have much experience with pdfs in emails, but I know I've opened a couple on my Droid.

If you still have an email with a PDF that you KNOW worked, try that. You also might want to turn your phone off and then back on to see if that resets anything as far as connection.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You should search the forum. I was just reading a thread on issues with pdfs in emails either today or yesterday, and there seemed to be a lot of good advice in there. Maybe even a problem solved!

OP
I

inline6power

Reaction score
maybe i am just not a good searcher lol. i have searched a coupld of times and found nothing for the eris with e mail and pdf

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you have Astro File Manager installed, go into the settings an enable "all downloads". This will allow your browser to download any file type.

Or you can install "Download Crutch" from the market, which will enable all file types to be downloaded.

OP
I

inline6power

Reaction score
If you have Astro File Manager installed, go into the settings an enable "all downloads". This will allow your browser to download any file type.

Or you can install "Download Crutch" from the market, which will enable all file types to be downloaded.
thank you for your help. i will try that now. thanks again.

canenation

Reaction score
attaching multiple pic to send thru mms

how do you attach multiple pics from your album to send thru mms messages on the eris