Assigned ringtones don't work

wvu0202

Reaction score
I've assigned different ringtones that I've downloaded to different contacts but when my phone rings it still uses the default ringtone. What am I doing wrong?

slinky

Reaction score
I've assigned different ringtones that I've downloaded to different contacts but when my phone rings it still uses the default ringtone. What am I doing wrong?

Don't know. Tell us more. Do you have apps installed? Something is obviously overriding your setup.

skidemn

Reaction score

I have the same problem. I can change my phone to any ringtone, but no matter what I set for any contacts, the master ringtone is all that plays. I've tried stock tones and custom tones, but no luck.

Tatootie

Reaction score
Are you editing your contacts properly?
contacts>options>ringtones?

skidemn

Reaction score
Are you editing your contacts properly?
contacts>options>ringtones?

I create my custom ringtones in Ringdroid which after saving the file, gives me the option to assign to a contact. I pick a contact and assign it, then it says it was "successfully assigned" so I expected it to work. Now that you have mentioned this way, it does work when I enter the contact in this manner. I don't see why the Ringdroid assignment option doesn't work though...