Another ? about ringtones, sorry guys

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by chopstyxaz, May 19, 2010.

1. chopstyxaz

chopstyxaz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, so I just bought the motorola droid phone. My question is this: Does this phone offer the the ability to apply a ringtone to a contact "for texts"?

My situation is that every ringtone I have downloaded from different apps all allow me to set a ringtone to a contact, however the ringtone I set only works on calls. . .not texts. So, is that something this phone even offers???

Pete

2. BlazinCaucasian

Ratings:
    +0
    not that I am aware of

3. mising

mising Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you download Handcent from the Market, it lets you assign different tones to messaging contacts, plus is way better than the stock app any way.

4. gavinsnana

gavinsnana Member

Ratings:
    +5
    That's why I love this forum! I use Handcent and never knew you could set the ringtone for texts in it. I am using Ringo Pro. So thanks for the info!

5. chopstyxaz

chopstyxaz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey thanks for all the responses so far. Also to the member Mising or anyone else that might have some idea. Which particular app from Handcent should I download? Upon reading the descriptions they confuse me a bit. haha I don't really care about different fonts or how my text conversations look. I am simple. . .I just want to be able to have different ringtones set for my contacts during texts. I so far have the "Handcent SMS" app and the "Handcent Font Pack4" app. I'm still playin around with these 2 to see what happens. Thought I'd ask in advance is all lol

6. chopstyxaz

chopstyxaz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im a dork lol

Ok to my previous text about which particular handcent app to download, lets notate a BIG FAT "NEVERMIND" to it. haha I found out some solutions to that dumb question lol thanks to all anyways

Petedancedroid

7. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Technically speaking, ringtones are for calls. Notifications are for texts, email, calendar, etc.

8. chopstyxaz

chopstyxaz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yes, lol tech your right. but at any rate. I solved my problem. Thanks though

9. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For further clarification, in the default SMS app, you can click on the settings icon on the bottom of the phone and have a seperate text\sms notification sound than the default notification sounds