moto droid not showing names of callers right away.

issues636

Reaction score
alright so i have different ringtones set for different people, so i know who's calling. today my cousin called, yet it was my default ringtone, so i was wondering why. i told him to call again. then i told my sister to call. then my mom. then 2 of my friends.

what i realized from doing this, for the first 5 seconds of ringing or so, my moto droid just shows the phone number of who's calling, and THEN it pulls it from my contacts and shows me the name. the fact that it's not searching my contacts right away is causing everyone to get the default ringtone instead of their custom ones. any idea why there's that little "lag" with picking out the contact like that?

ohioDroid

Reaction score
I had a similar problem today where it gave me a phone number and didn't immediately show the name of my contact or their picture.

droiddollll

Reaction score
This has been happening to me for the past week. It is still doing it and I still haven't figured out why.

dkelly701

Reaction score
I believe that lag from running a home replacement app or launcher app such as Helix Launcher can cause lag and cause this to happen. If you are running one of those, switch back to the stock launcher and see if the problem goes away.

OP
issues636

issues636

Reaction score
I believe that lag from running a home replacement app or launcher app such as Helix Launcher can cause lag and cause this to happen. If you are running one of those, switch back to the stock launcher and see if the problem goes away.

that was what i was thinking, cause i never noticed it before i installed Helix Launcher. i looked through a bunch of Helix threads though and never saw anyone mentioning it, i'll switch back to stock and see if it still happens.

glamtek666

Reaction score
Happened to me the other day for the first time. Caller ID screen showed the number but no contact info. I am running Helix launcher and trying out a different dialer app. That might be the culprit. PITA! Especially since I NEVER remember anyones phone numbers anymore just by looking at them!

Reaction score
So does mine. Running Helix Launcher.

So i guess we alll have the same problem cuz yes i do too. Now what would be the next step to get it fix!!!!

Well it looks like the next step to get it fixed would be to remove Helix Launcher. But I like Helix Launcher so this problem isn't big enough for me to get rid of it.

Same, they still show up after a few secs and im starting to recognize the numbers. People call me so little i don't even have ringtone set up, everyone just texts me lol

jcardona1

Reaction score
same problem here. Helix also. pisses me the hell off. but i dont know if i want to dump helix :(

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Same here, helix as well.

Any good alternatives with the 4 app slots flanking the app drawer? That's the only part I really like about helix. I only use 3 screens.

papy72

Reaction score
I have the same issue and I'm running the ClockworkMod Launcher. So I don't think it's "just" Helix.