Another ? about ringtones, sorry guys

chopstyxaz

Reaction score
Alright, so I just bought the motorola droid phone. My question is this: Does this phone offer the the ability to apply a ringtone to a contact "for texts"?

My situation is that every ringtone I have downloaded from different apps all allow me to set a ringtone to a contact, however the ringtone I set only works on calls. . .not texts. So, is that something this phone even offers???

Pete

mising

Reaction score
If you download Handcent from the Market, it lets you assign different tones to messaging contacts, plus is way better than the stock app any way.

gavinsnana

Reaction score
That's why I love this forum! I use Handcent and never knew you could set the ringtone for texts in it. I am using Ringo Pro. So thanks for the info!

OP
C

chopstyxaz

Reaction score
Hey thanks for all the responses so far. Also to the member Mising or anyone else that might have some idea. Which particular app from Handcent should I download? Upon reading the descriptions they confuse me a bit. haha I don't really care about different fonts or how my text conversations look. I am simple. . .I just want to be able to have different ringtones set for my contacts during texts. I so far have the "Handcent SMS" app and the "Handcent Font Pack4" app. I'm still playin around with these 2 to see what happens. Thought I'd ask in advance is all lol

OP
C

chopstyxaz

Reaction score
Im a dork lol

Ok to my previous text about which particular handcent app to download, lets notate a BIG FAT "NEVERMIND" to it. haha I found out some solutions to that dumb question lol thanks to all anyways

Petedancedroid

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
My question is this: Does this phone offer the the ability to apply a ringtone to a contact "for texts"?

My situation is that every ringtone I have downloaded from different apps all allow me to set a ringtone to a contact, however the ringtone I set only works on calls. . .not texts. So, is that something this phone even offers???
Technically speaking, ringtones are for calls. Notifications are for texts, email, calendar, etc.

OP
C

chopstyxaz

Reaction score
yes, lol tech your right. but at any rate. I solved my problem. Thanks though

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
For further clarification, in the default SMS app, you can click on the settings icon on the bottom of the phone and have a seperate text\sms notification sound than the default notification sounds