moto droid not showing names of callers right away.

Mikejl

Reaction score
Mine has been doing this also. This morning my wife called and again the default ring. However, this afternoon when I was using my droid and it was clocking at 800 MHz, she called again and it ran at her custom ringtone.

So what I am wondering is if it might have to do with my SetCpu profile setting of 250 - 1000 MHz and the phone clocking at 250 MHz when I get most of my calls. 250 MHz may not be enough power to get to the custom ringtone in time.

To test this out I set the SetCpu Profile to 600 - 1000 MHz. Will test it out later tonight.

Mike

RedRum Chaos 1.3 24K Themed

Last edited:
OP
issues636

issues636

Reaction score
alright so i restarted my phone just to see if it helped at all, clearing running apps or anything. my cousin called, and still default ring, no name for a few seconds. i uninstalled helix and had him call again, his ringtone, his name, everything works fine. i kinda didn't wanna dump helix, but not having the right ringtones is a big enough deal to me, because where i work i can't always grab my phone. so if it's not a certain person (family member, etc), i know it's not really important so i don't have to go check my phone til i'm done.

i can deal with 3 screens, i only used 5, not even 7, but i cut it down pretty easily with folders. the only part i'm really gonna miss is the 4 apps at the bottom. i LOVED that part.

Mikejl

Reaction score
alright so i restarted my phone just to see if it helped at all, clearing running apps or anything. my cousin called, and still default ring, no name for a few seconds. i uninstalled helix and had him call again, his ringtone, his name, everything works fine. i kinda didn't wanna dump helix, but not having the right ringtones is a big enough deal to me, because where i work i can't always grab my phone. so if it's not a certain person (family member, etc), i know it's not really important so i don't have to go check my phone til i'm done.

i can deal with 3 screens, i only used 5, not even 7, but i cut it down pretty easily with folders. the only part i'm really gonna miss is the 4 apps at the bottom. i LOVED that part.
Well changing the SetCpu profile failed to work 3 out of 4 times. :angry:

I may try going to Helix1 launcher when the next rev of Redrum Chaos rolls out and see if that will work or not, but I need the 4 apps at the bottom more than the custom ringtones.

Glad to hear you got your custom ringtones working properly!!

Mike

OP
issues636

issues636

Reaction score

Well changing the SetCpu profile failed to work 3 out of 4 times. :angry:

I may try going to Helix1 launcher when the next rev of Redrum Chaos rolls out and see if that will work or not, but I need the 4 apps at the bottom more than the custom ringtones.

Glad to hear you got your custom ringtones working properly!!

Mike

yeah i need the ringtones more than the apps. the apps are definitely great to have, makes it alot easier, but if i had to choose one (like i basically did) it had to be the ringtones.
my problems were actually with Helix1, not 2. i never even bothered with 2. so i wouldn't expect switching over to 1 to work out much better.

uscjoel

Reaction score
Im running Helix 1 with the same issues...
I was curious to see what the deal was with SetCPU...Im thinking about rooting and flashing BB.

tono80

Reaction score
I get those issues with Home++. That's too bad, cuz I love Home++

brando56894

Reaction score
I have recently had this issue too starting about a week ago and its pretty annoying. Along with no caller ID It actually takes my phone about 15-45 seconds to get to the point where I can actually answer the call (ex. ringtone plays, 5-15 seconds later screen wakes up, 5-10 seconds later GUI becomes responsive and allows me to drag the slider).

I would say this is a helix problem too since I am running helix1 and been having problems with it recently, but it seems others are having this problem too. What other apps do we all have in common? SetCPU?

Im about to clear my phone and reinstall BBv1 w/o setcpu to see if this will fix it since pete doesnt use setcpu.

Same here, helix as well.

Any good alternatives with the 4 app slots flanking the app drawer? That's the only part I really like about helix. I only use 3 screens.

Same question here, thats the only feature that I absolutely love about helix.

Last edited:

tono80

Reaction score
I have recently had this issue too starting about a week ago and its pretty annoying. Along with no caller ID It actually takes my phone about 15-45 seconds to get to the point where I can actually answer the call (ex. ringtone plays, 5-15 seconds later screen wakes up, 5-10 seconds later GUI becomes responsive and allows me to drag the slider).

I would say this is a helix problem too since I am running helix1 and been having problems with it recently, but it seems others are having this problem too. What other apps do we all have in common? SetCPU?

Im about to clear my phone and reinstall BBv1 w/o setcpu to see if this will fix it since pete doesnt use setcpu.

Same here, helix as well.

Any good alternatives with the 4 app slots flanking the app drawer? That's the only part I really like about helix. I only use 3 screens.

Same question here, thats the only feature that I absolutely love about helix.

You can use "More Icons"

Vitticeps

Reaction score
More Icons?

I can't find anything in the market. Is there more to the name?

tono80

Reaction score
More Icons?

I can't find anything in the market. Is there more to the name?

Yeah. It's called "More Icons Free Widget", which of course is free, but allows only 3 icons. The paid one, "More Icons Widget", which costs $1.99 allows 4 icons.

brando56894

Reaction score
Interesting, thanks I'll check it out. I have phone and handcent docked to the left and market and xscope docked to the right since those are the four that I use the most.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
More Icons is kinda cool but not quite what I wanted. I want persistent icons across all screens, like in Helix (and most other home replacements). But I don't need the bloat of all the extra stuff; landscape, 5-7-9-31 screens, screen previews, etc.

I love helix because I can make it do exactly that, but it's laggy as hell sometimes and slow the rest of the time.

robboxedit

Reaction score
is there an easier way to just switch between Helix and stock other than uninstalling Helix? Or am I just missing something really simple? I've been having some similar issues.

Thanks

J*Bishop

Reaction score
is there an easier way to just switch between Helix and stock other than uninstalling Helix? Or am I just missing something really simple? I've been having some similar issues.

Thanks

search the market for an app called "Home switcher"

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Back to the OP, mine doesn't necessarily have the exact issue, but sometimes lags going to the answer screen from screen off (standby/sleep). Only every so often does ringtones go back to default and definitely not all the time.
I was/am chalking it up to lag as my setcpu profiles are set to the lowest at standby/sleep.