Are you W/O Case? If so, How's it holding up?

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
So, Droid Turbo Cases of a "Truly" minimal nature BUT affording a modicum of protection... I still like my tech21 but was surprised to actually measure its "presence". I noticed it and when removed for house keeping was surprised.
Is it that tough to make a really really Good case? This tech 21 (just a little less) would be great.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I can't speak for the Turbo....I am a Samy fan...

sent from my sexy Note 4

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Tell me about it. With the Note Edge my choices were "This case" or "This case".

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I was thinking that was going to be a hard phone to get a case for....

sent from my sexy Note 4

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I went with this one:
GLXN_Edge_ICE_PT04_1024x1024.png

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Several in my Family have cases from that company and quite frankly, they rock.
Threads like this Can and Should wake up the Companies producing accessories (not a small profit center) and they should start responding to the consistent theme and tone - We want minimalistic cases. Protect Don't "Sherpa' our Phones.
Is that really all that difficult? I don't think so, lots of companies really missing the boat here.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I want a soft rubber case that has a lot of grip. Incipio made one for the Galaxy S2 and that was the best case ever. That case would stick to whatever you set it on, had a super small footprint, and would bounce when dropped. It's only downfall was that it would stretch out after a few months usage and you would have to buy a new one.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
incipio (was) a favorite of mine, not so for the Droid Turbo IF you have a ballistic nylon. I bought every case available for the Turbo and ended up keeping just the tech21. It is a Great case but adds more than I thought it did.
It is noticeable. I want Less but More - I think in this day and age that is possible.
Notice I didn't mention price. Make a Great product and then name the price- I will buy it and I wager others will as well.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
incipio (was) a favorite of mine, not so for the Droid Turbo IF you have a ballistic nylon. I bought every case available for the Turbo and ended up keeping just the tech21. It is a Great case but adds more than I thought it did.
It is noticeable. I want Less but More - I think in this day and age that is possible.
Notice I didn't mention price. Make a Great product and then name the price- I will buy it and I wager others will as well.
Incipio used to be all I bought.....but Otterbox changed up their cases some and that's what I have been buying lately...

sent from my sexy Note 4

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I'm running around naked all the way....
All this talk of taking measurements is interesting as well. But seriously, I have a Monaco leather vertical pouch with clip that I love. Been keeping my phones this way (OG Droid and Bionic, RIP) since day 1. For anyone that wants to go naked but have a nice pouch/holster, check out the link below. It's for an S5 but fits beautifully with my 64 Gig Ballistic. These last a long time.

Amazon.com Samsung Galaxy S5 with Belt Clip PDair Black Leather Vertical Pouch Cell Phones Accessories

PowrDroid

Reaction score
droidprincess...Is that you Chloe? If so, I need you to open up a socket and decrypt some data I'm going to upload. Right after I set up a perimeter.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
droidprincess...Is that you Chloe? If so, I need you to open up a socket and decrypt some data I'm going to upload. Right after I set up a perimeter.
I'm sorry.....what??

sent from my sexy Note 4

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Me too....should I be worried?

sent from my sexy Note 4