Droid X Case

TheBlackDragon

Reaction score
I have tried every case that is designed for the Droid X Case from cheap leather, nylon, and plastic to no avail. My conclusion, manufacturers were sleeping on this. If they have done research on the Droid X- you cannot use a magnetic clasp for the case and many of you out here know why... My beloved case for my old Blackberry Storm was the Nite Ize Executive leather was perfect however, it had a magnetic enclosure. Why hasnt Nite Ize capitalized on this market and if they did, what a slow process claiming that they are working on a case using a velcro or snap enclosure. Funny thing is, I contacted Nite Ize personally and they claim that a case fit for a Droid X. When I recd this case, I could not close the cover!! Someone had blogged this data prior to me buying this case and I had ignored it. Why not tell the truth that this case does not fit the Droid X? I am disappointed and thought Nite Ize were more professional than this regarding their reputation! Why do I love Nite Ize? It is unlike the other cases. I can be upside down, bump into things, tackle, rock climbing, wrestling, and the case will not come off my belt !!! Sure my phone may have been crushed during my actions since the Executive Leather is just that, leather, but my phone stayed on my person...
Bought all these cases in the Best Buy, Walmart, Verizon chains, nothing held up and came off my belt. What am I using now? After all the purchases and driving to Army Navy Stores to find a perfect case I found one in my drawer!!! A ballistic nylon size medium for my stun gun!!!! Yes folks, and it has a belt loop!! May not be fancy in the office but it sure keeps my phone in the case and never leaves my belt! FYI - you can purchase this ballistic stun gun case on ebay for ten bucks but do not buy the large size- the medium fits the droid x perfectly with my carbon fiber lining covering the Droid X...

So, until I find a perfect military grade case for my Droid X, the contraption I discovered is perfect. Love the ballistic black nylon case, very rugged looking...

Attachments

• DroidXCase.jpg
    DroidXCase.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,248

DWIM

Reaction score
Fwiw...

NB here, so ymmv. Just moved fr Windowz Sammy i760. I've been using Krusell cases for several years. Have their version on order f/the Dx. Theirs have not come off my belt. It's not a loop so I don't have to remove belt, thread, put back on. The clip's been quite good. Not assoc w/them at all.

StephanieJ

Reaction score
I chose the leather case with belt clip from Verizon. It has a magnetic flap, but this does not activate the doc mode. Granted, if I place the phone directly on the outside of the case where the magnet is it will switch over, but that's typically not where I put the phone. Don't shy away from all cases that have a magnetic closure as they all are not equal.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DWIM

Reaction score
Got the case...

Continuing on from prior post in this thread w/a follow-on: Found one in my stash. Same as I have coming in as well. That's ok - always good to have a spare. The Krusell case (their discontinued model 170649) is what they made for the IPAQ HX4700/HX4705 (had one some time ago in another time and age). Found one on ebay and one in clearance. The size is just right to slide in my Dx. You drop the Dx into the vertical case. On the one in my stash, there had been a Velcro leather tab over the top was too much bother so I cut it off. So far, this is just right. Not assoc w/Krusell or any other vendor. Just providing my feedback re cases. FWIW, I also have the HedoCell holster on its way as well. Yea, I think a vertical holster works well, at least for me.