1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Are any Thunderbolt ROMS supported?

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Hacks' started by otter34, Feb 4, 2012.

1. otter34

otter34 New Member

My girlfriend has finally agreed to let me root her thunderbolt. Are there any ROMs being supported? Really all we need is wireless tether. I read about barnacle tether in the market, but people were saying their carrier found out so I'm looking for wireless tether built into the ROM. Afterall it would be pretty easy for them to notice which apps you use and lock you out

edit: 102 views and nobody can answer lol?
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  2. djfargo

djfargo New Member

I am running gingerbread rocks.9 and love it, debloated version just to clean up my phone space, it has a wifi teacher loaded in it and have had no issues, the revolutionary root method has been posted step by step on here and a visual version I think is even on YouTube. I had never rooted prior to this and do not classify myself a phone genius by any means, if you follow the rules and make backups as instructed it is pretty straight.forward.
    Always verify the download
    Never root without a fully charged battery
    Do not panic as your phone might do nothing for a few moments "minutes"
    Always make a backup, if the dev says u will lose your data w/out backup it is gone.
    The fancier roms and radio combinations are best left until you fully know what you are doing.
    IMHO, once rooted you will never return to a stock phone.

Sent from a bolt of lightning.
  3. sonicanatidae

sonicanatidae New Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This
  4. Dusty

Dusty Premium Member Premium Member

The ROM I was using for the past two months was ThunderShed. I thought it was AWESOME. Then I dropped my phone Sunday night and now I can't root my replacement Thunderbolt.

Google "ThunderShed RootzWiki" and you'll be all hooked up. The developer is very active and so far has done 3 versions since New Years. He even incorporated MAP after I asked him, so that the phone works with cars that read texts aloud and sends text messages like the MyFord Touch system.

Now that I can't root I may move on. The TB community is basically dead'n stinkin'.

EDIT: I got it rooted. I'll hang on a bit longer!
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  5. djfargo

djfargo New Member

I hear tell that the newest update blocks the previously used exploit, I did not have to downgrade as I have made a point to keep my phone back one upgrade to see what demons arise from new releases. I have read and watched a couple of videos about downgrading prior to root access and it seems straight forward. Although the extra steps do seem to be a p.i.t.a...
Search tags for this page

best htc thunderbolt roms 2012