wifi tethering down, liberty rom.

Cooly1911

Reaction score
Hey fellows, can't get WiFi tethering working. Real quick, I just got the Bionic, quickly rooted it, found the sql editor and instructions, and tethering. With in a week I wiped and flashed this Rom. I love it by the way, You guys do great work!! Now, sadly, I can't tether wirelessly any more. I ran sql editor, setting were the same, I even changed it to 1 again and then back to 0. I also ran "fix permission" again, and still no tethering. Than icon pops up again with my tethering app, the one thats a shortcut to wifi hotspot settings. For tethering I've been using "wireless tether" v2.0.7, and also tried v3.1 beta from http:/android-wifi-tether.googlecode.com and I've been using for a long time, very easy and reliable app, and had no problems until now.

Thanks guys!!

projektorboy

Reaction score
Here's how I was able to get it to work.

First, you should be using v3.1-pre100 of this particular app: android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

Second, you must do the following types of setup with the app:

Device Profile: Motorola Targa
Enable Wifi-Encryption: Checked
Change Passphrase: (establish a passphrase of your choosing)

Once you have put these settings in, reboot your phone.

I am now experimenting with tethering my Asus Transformer through it and data is flowing quite nicely.

OP
Cooly1911

Cooly1911

Reaction score
That did it. Thank you very much!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums