apps keep downloading onto my phone making the phone unuseable even after hard reset!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by BucharestRed, Jun 25, 2016.

1. BucharestRed

BucharestRed New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, this problem is driving me crazy ... I have a Utok D40 and the only games on it were Subway Surfer and Clash of Clans.
    Then a whole host of "apps" started downloading onto the phone ... I tried and tried to uninstall them one by one but the just kept coming back and it was like they were running interference for each other, and most of them were very inapropriate.
    I finally gave up as the phone had become so slow and most of the time not working at all.
    I did a hard reset on the phone back to its "out of the box" state.
    When I started it up I got the "Welcome" message, which was nice, but after about 10 minutes all the "apps" started coming back again.
    The only apps that didn't come back were Subway Surfer and Clash of Clans.
    I don't know what to do ... I keep getting regular "Unfortunately ............. is not working" messages which effectively stop me from doing anything.
    I would appreciate any help ... :(

2. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    Welcome to the forum

My guess is that one of the apps you had installed is filled with ads. You have a couple options. The first would be to install AirPush Detector or AdWare Detector from the Store. Your best option IMO is do another factory reset and when setting it back up tell it NOT to sync with Google. Doing that reinstalls most all of your other apps automatically. Install them one by one until you find the culprit.

#2 leeshor, Jun 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. shoprovers

shoprovers New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Your app remains install all the time.It is due to autoinstall/update apps which does'nt let your phone take rest.Kindly check your phone by going on settings-apps-updates or install and change them to manually updates.
    Thanks

4. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,072
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    You even read bro??

Follow Leeshor's advice OP.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Miller6386

Miller6386 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1,740
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 4
    Twitter:
    CoreyFMiller
    Also check you device for an app called DT Ignite. You will have to look in the application manager under all, not in the app drawer.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

6. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    I think what he's trying to suggest is that perhaps the phone was set for auto restore from Google. That makes sense since apparently the op did a full factory reset and yet these apps reinstall themselves afterwards. That's the only way I know of that apps will self install after factory restore, unless you've got a corrupted OS and there's some sort of Trojan now infiltrated in the OS that made it through the factory restore.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk