Hard Reset and SD Card

HDDroid

Reaction score
I purchased a used Droid A855 without the SD card and have been having a few issues with it. I previously had the Thunderbolt and prior to that the original Droid (Am waiting for Droid 3 or Bionic). When I went from the Original Droid which befell a terrible accident to the TB, all my apps reloaded, etc..., but when I went to the used Droid, they aren't coming back. If I go to market.android.com they are all listed, but they aren't listed in the "My Apps" section of the Android Market on my phone. My Amazon App store items did load.

With it being a used phone, still stock, that just a hard reset would be in order. It would clear out anything from the previous owner and just start fresh.

My question is, on a hard reset, will it erase my SD memory card or just the phones internal memory?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Factory reset doesn't touch sd. It only wipes user data/info. Try wiping data in settings/apps/manage apps/all tab/market

OP
H

HDDroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I gave it a try and will wait a bit to see if the sync starts up on it's own and let you know!

OP
H

HDDroid

Reaction score
Clearing the data/cache didn't seem to do the trick. Is there any sort of drawback to the reset? I plan on keeping it stock.

Thanks!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No drawbacks other than loosing apps, which you don't seem to have installed anyways! :wink:

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
H

HDDroid

Reaction score
strange, even after a factor reset, it still can't find all my apps. The apps are all listed on my account at market.android.com, but somehow it won't sync with the droid.

Just a recap on my history...
Original Droid - Died and replaced under warranty.
New/warranty Droid synced automatically, apps reinstalled (did lose data, but no biggie).
Warranty Droid - Drowned (had some bad luck recently..)
Had upgrade, got Thunderbolt.
Thunderbolt synced automatically, apps reinstalled. Did add the amazon market app since.
Disliked Thunderbolt (Battery life sucked and 4G seemed spotty at times) so returned under two week policy.

Bought Used Droid - swapped in my SD card, seemed to work okay, not all apps would download/sync. And at the above, they are listed on market.android.com, but won't sync. Any suggestions? Is this because of going to a used phone? Thought the factory reset would take care of that issue.

I'm not too worried as I'm holding out for the Bionic or Droid 3, just a strange.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is strange.

Now that you factory reset have you tried wiping data/cache in market?

I'm rooted so my apps almost never restore ha.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk