After hard reset what apps should I delete/uninstall?

King Bengals

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force -32G.
I had to do a hard reset of my Moto Z force. Photo app was slow to launch, common apps were crashing. Battery life was cut in half. After the reset I got most of my important data back. I'm back to getting 3 days of battery life which is great!! I'm slowly reinstalling some of my most used apps.Its like a new phone. (so now I can wait for the price of the Note 9 to come down :) I did notice some pre-installed apps (maybe bloatware). I want to ask if you suggest I uninstall them. I'm trying to maximize proformance & battery life. These are the apps I don't know about:
Caller Name ID: seems to be a VZ spam blocker. I do get a lot of spam calls. Does the app work?
Security & Privacy: Another VZ app. its like a anti-spyware app.
VZ Navigator: I heard its VZ version of Googlr Maps? I've had issues with Google Maps. Is this an alternative?
Daydream: Not sure what it is.
Thanks for the help!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I disable all those Verizon apps on every phone I use. If there is an Uninstall option I use it, but most only have a Disable option.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think Caller Name ID is a paid service. Maybe free for 30 days and then a fee per month. Not worth it in my humble opinion.

VZ Navigator is a maps style app. But Google Maps (or Waze) is MUCH better.

I'm not sure about Daydream, but I always Disable it.

Privacy & Security is another Verizon product that I think costs a monthly fee on your bill. I honestly don't know what it really does, but I personally don't need it, don't pay for it, and disable it.

OP
King Bengals

King Bengals

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force -32G.
I'm going to contact their Tech Coach app soon to ask about some phone settings questions. I'm going to ask them about those VZ apps to find out if they are paid services. That would be bad if they come built in then start to cost you $ after 30 day. I'll report back what I find out.
Thanks as always Sajo!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Here is one example
7a4311f3ddb6bfd4f32cc82a46633b01.jpg

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Daydream: kinda like a screen saver for when your phone is charging....meh.... Disable it

Vz navigator.... Charged to use it.... Worthless nav app. Disable

Caller ID. Charged to use it..... Disable

Security and privacy. An antivirus / anti spyware app. Free to use. I keep it. No harm done if you disable it.

JandN2639

Reaction score
We have an iPhone and a Samsung. I recommend contacting your carrier as well as posting in relevant forums here. They should know which preloaded apps are safe to remove or deactivate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Verizon customer support will tell you that all Verizon apps are important and should not be disabled. I have nothing against Verizon, actually have good experiences with them, but disagree with their attitude that their apps are important and should not be disabled. I disable every Verizon app on every phone except the basic Visual Voicemail and My Verizon (which I use to check data usage and pay my bill). All those other Verizon apps get disabled. But they would tell me not to do that, that I should use them.

Last edited:

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Verizon customer support will tell you that all Verizon apps are important and should not be disabled. I have nothing against Verizon, actually have good experiences with them, but disagree with their attitude that their apps are important and should not be disabled. I disable every Verizon app on every phone except the basic Visual Voicemail and My Verizon (which I use to check data usage and pay my bill). All those other Verizon apps get disabled. But they would tell me not to do that, that I should use them.

You don't use message+?
Sajo, that thing is awesome

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You don't use message+?
Sajo, that thing is awesome

I forgot about Message+. I did use it for a while and do agree that it's a nice app. I use Android Messages mainly because of the Web Message integration and now the Together integration with Chrome OS. I use my Chromebook a lot, so it's nice to have all my texts sync between devices. But I have nothing negative to say about Message +, it seems like a nicely designed text app.

Rosser25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
O+ Compact Pro

Makes me wonder if they are really useful either. I'm gonna review their services and probably disable/uninstall most.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Makes me wonder if they are really useful either. I'm gonna review their services and probably disable/uninstall most.
Disabling apps does no harm. You can always re-enable them at any point. It just stops them from running and stops the Play Store from updating them. It's all a matter of personal preference. Just leaving them alone and not using them is just as good, if they don't interest you.

JandN2639

Reaction score
Disabling apps does no harm. You can always re-enable them at any point. It just stops them from running and stops the Play Store from updating them. It's all a matter of personal preference. Just leaving them alone and not using them is just as good, if they don't interest you.

While that is true, it is important to only disable 1-2 items at a time. That way, if you have trouble with the phone after disabling apps, it's easy to determine the cause. Disable 1-2 apps, then test the phone for at least 6 hours, including running everything you normally use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good point. When I setup a new phone, or after a factory reset, I disable a ton of apps at once. But I know which ones they are and disable them on every phone. But in general, you make a valid point.