problems with swype Reinstall after hard reset

smiller136

Reaction score
I was having problems with my phone for several days and Verizon's solution (store tech center) was to do a hard reset. Pain in the butt to even remember what apps were installed, but that's a different issue.

I can't get swype to work again. I went back to the file that I downloaded after registering with swype and installed it. It's not even showing up as a choice when I long press in a field I can edit. Am I missing something?

I apologize if this has been asked and answered. Searched but didn't find anything.

Thank you!

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was having problems with my phone for several days and Verizon's solution (store tech center) was to do a hard reset. Pain in the butt to even remember what apps were installed, but that's a different issue.

I can't get swype to work again. I went back to the file that I downloaded after registering with swype and installed it. It's not even showing up as a choice when I long press in a field I can edit. Am I missing something?

I apologize if this has been asked and answered. Searched but didn't find anything.

Thank you!

After installing swype go to Settings>Language & Keyboard and see if Swype is shown there. If it is, be sure it is checked. If it is not there, you haven't successfully installed Swype from your backup. Go to the Swype site and request that they send another email to do the installation.

OP
S

smiller136

Reaction score
Thank you!

:icon_ banana: You pointed me in the right direction and I'm back in business. Thank you!!!!