OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I almost wonder if those reports of poor battery life aren't fabricated. You know, make everyone believe it's going to leave something to be desired, then let reports trickle in after it's released that it's actually getting "decent" battery life...?

In any case, not having at least some sort of ambient screen where the time is always shown kinda defeats the purpose of calling it a watch in my opinion.
Apple CEO Tim Cook previously admitted that the Apple Watch will probably need to be charged daily, but it seems that even this claim might be a bit ambitious.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually, the original report is that what was announced in September was a far cry from what they originally wanted the watch to be during the early stages of development. Apple has reportedly spent years working on it, with the watch division sometimes being referred to as a "black hole" because it kept sucking down money. They couldn't get it all working properly due to issues with the sensors. Rather than keep delaying it, they went with something with sensors along the lines of a typical smartwatch.

Original report: What Exactly Is an Apple Watch For? (The Wall Street Journal)

Summary: Apple tested (and cut) more advanced fitness sensors from the Apple Watch (Ars Technica)

I've read some articles that misrepresent the information by saying things have changed drastically since the announcement, but that's not the case. The drastic changes came during the development phases.
This reminds me of the origins of the iPhone. Before iPhone there was the conception of the iPad.
History of iPad original Apple makes the tablet magical and revolutionary iMore
It also helps me understand a little more why Samsung pushed out a not ready for prime time Gear 1. They didn't want to take years of plagiarizing and lawsuits to become number 1 in sales so they evidently pushed out a product early, much like Moto did with the Xoom, so they could dominate a market not ready for their vastly flawed product. A year later Google got in the mix and seems to be showing Samsung the correct way to take over a market. Granted Apple went quite overboard in their quest to stop Samsung and Android but Samsung did indeed steal their icons, did in fact release a Tab 1 that was eerily similar to the looks of the iPad 2 and has in fact been cloning the ios experience as much as possible ever since while adding their own uniqueness (Touch Wiz, s pen, etc) to the products and Apple is now trying to play catch up.
The watch will sell a ton and it will push Android to do better. Time will tell how mainstream these devices will become but Apple doesn't usually push out a product that is an epic failure in the end and Android won't let that go unanswered and Samsung will still be releasing a bunch of models each year that every model is missing something important to a full smartwatch experience that the others have causing more head scratching by experts.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Noteate

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm still waiting on the news story to come out of Apple suing Samsung for stealing their Gear VR design , since Apples new VR patent uses the exact same technology as the Gear VR. You know, the one that uses the phone as the base of the device.....I have a feeling they are going to claim they thought of it first!

S5 tap'n

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
I'm still waiting on the news story to come out of Apple suing Samsung for stealing their Gear VR design , since Apples new VR patent uses the exact same technology as the Gear VR. You know, the one that uses the phone as the base of the device.....I have a feeling they are going to claim they thought of it first!

S5 tap'n
You know they're all in bed together, and just stirring things up for the end users two gossip about...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I thought you were more the Miley Cyrus type..
That works too!

35e02c852291f6e90ddef5859d706048.jpg

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.