TagHeuer Unveils their Impressive New Android Watch

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
tagheuer-connected-watch.jpg

TagHeuer has teamed up with Google and Intel to bring their first "connected" smartwatch with the iconic brand and design that TagHeuer is known for. From the beginning, TagHeuer's intention was to create a connected watch which doesn't "look" like one, but instead evokes the same impact that their other classic designs have always had over the past 165 years.

Here's what we know about the device so far:
  • High-res AMOLED Display
  • 46.2mm wide and 12.8mm Titanium Construction
  • The latest version of Android Wear
  • Luxurious and iconic Swiss Watch Design
  • Multiple custom watch faces
  • WiFi and Bluetooth radios
  • "directional wind and weather monitoring"
  • 4GB of internal storage
  • In two years you can pay another $1,500 to trade it in for a more traditional Carrera watch
The TagHeuer Connected Watch is now available at 20 of TAG Heuer's US boutique stores for $1,500. Obviously the price is very high, and you don't even get any heart rate sensor monitoring for that high price, but the folks who would purchase this device will do so because it is a quality, luxury product. While most of us wouldn't fathom spending this much money on a watch, it should actually compete pretty well against the Apple Watch in this new "niche" segment.

You can see a video of the TagHeuer Connected Watch in the thread below for more details.

Here's our dedicated Android Watch section for further discussion: Android Watches | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Last edited:

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definitely will get buyers who hadn't previously considered smart watches interested in them. A good way to keep consumers looking at watch manufacturers and keeping themselves relevant in changing markets. Dinosaurs will die and all that.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Go with this or the Carrera I've been looking at. I hate decisions.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I'm too picky. *sigh*

No metal band. I think the band has additional battery cells in it so you can't change it. I'm just not a rubber band kind of guy.

EDIT: Just decided. I pulled the trigger on a black 46mm Moto360 with a knurl crown, and got a black super engineer type ii band. I'm going to ride that for the next 2 years and wait to see what happens in the world of smartwatches.

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's a beautiful watch, but the thing is...it's barely a smartwatch. No speaker, no special sensors, really no bells & whistles aside from looks. Which begs the question - WHY, for that price, wouldn't you just buy a regular TAG watch?

I suppose the idea might be you can change the watch face to imitate a variety of popular TAG watches. Problem is, the rule of thumb for style/fashion has always been DON'T buy imitations unless you don't want people to know you can't afford the real thing.

For $1500, I'd want special 3D screen tech that gives real depth and makes it almost indistinguishable from their regular watches. They're knocking-off their own watch and charging you full price for it!

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
In all fairness it does come with the option of trading it in for a mechanical watch at a later date.