Apple Watch Shows Up in SELF Magazine

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Check out the pics of the Apple Watch below, offered in three distinct collections in custom alloys and golds, two different sizes, a wide selection of bands, and a variety of faces.

apple-watch-2.jpg
Our March Cover Girl Is…Candice Swanepoel (and She’s Got the Apple Watch, Too!)
According to Self Magazine the Apple Watch will be available in April with a starting price tag of $349.

candice-apple-watch.jpg

Source: Self

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm disappointed. I expected a design with more flair.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Don't like the look of the two metal bands but since its an Apple product, I'm sure there will be a million custom bands for it very soon. If it does come in two sizes, well, to each their own. I'm sure people will buy it, just not me. I'm happy with my Moto360.

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Eh, I think it looks pretty nice, i would still like to see it in use, plus I really think the first batch are the second wave beta testers. I still think my dumb watch is better, it does one thing very well, and communicates with me perfectly. I don't see the solution smart watches are trying to solve

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm a bit confused by the title of the thread. Wasn't the Apple watch officially unveiled back in September? Various colors, watch faces, and bands have popped up every so often, but the basic design of what it was going to look like has been known for a while now.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm a bit confused by the title of the thread. Wasn't the Apple watch officially unveiled back in September? Various colors, watch faces, and bands have popped up every so often, but the basic design of what it was going to look like has been known for a while now.
Nope, just rumors and photos of what they thought it would look like.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Nope, just rumors and photos of what they thought it would look like.

It was officially announced and shown by Apple at their September 9th, 2014 event. I think that amounts to more than rumors. :)

"On September 9, 2014, Apple finally unveiled its long-rumored wearable device, the Apple Watch. While many expected the wearable to be called the "iWatch," Apple actually opted to use the Apple symbol followed by "Watch" for the device's name...

...The Apple Watch is designed to be both functional and fashionable, available in two sizes of 38mm and 42mm (1.5 and 1.7 inches), with six different casing materials and six separate interchangeable band options. Organized into three separate collections, from the simple "Sport" to the high-end luxury "Edition," the Apple Watch has been created to appeal to a wide range of tastes. Prices for the device, which will be available in early 2015, start at $349.

...the Apple Watch even made its editorial debut on the cover of Vogue China in November 2014." (Source: Mac Rumors - Apple Watch Everything We Know)

Here's the video of it being announced from the September 9th event:

Apple Watch announcement in 6 minutes The Verge

And here's another article about it from September 9th:

Apple unveils two new iPhones Apple Watch and ApplePay - Sep. 9 2014

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I guess you da man.. I stand corrected

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Apple's been known to show one thing as a bluff and come later with the real thing. They have a pretty darn good past of bringing awesome things to market, a couple oops', but I'd not push them off as a has been, their gross worth being larger than many developed nations GBP is proof of that.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I guess you da man.. I stand corrected

Ha ha. I don't know about being "da man." I was just a bit confused by the thread title considering it's been official for 5 months. We had a thread about it here on the site the day it was announced comparing it to Android Wear: Apple Watch vs Android Wear.

You even participated in the thread Jeffrey. ;)

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Apples been known to show one thing as a bluff and come later with the real thing. They have a pretty darn good past of bringing awesome things to market, a couple oops', but I'd not push them off as a has been, their gross worth being larger than many developed nations GBP is proof of that.

Could you provide an example of that? I can't think of a time when they've officially unveiled a product "as a bluff." Sure there have been some changes with products from announcement to release, but that happens with products from almost every company.