Apple to start producing 4th Gen iPhones for Verizon

m3kilpat

Reaction score
If Verizon does not get the iphone, Android will become a huge competitor 100 times faster than it already is becoming. It's pretty dumb for Apple to limit its product to one network when Android is on every network. Simple numbers will prove that Android will be the victor is the end.

Big Lou

Reaction score
No. The iPhone seems kind of dumb compared to the Droid. It's just not as capable.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I wanted an iPhone for so long and now it's around the corner... no thanks. I really like my Droid. I can connect it to my computer without having to use anything like iTunes and the PC sees it as a simple device that I can drag and drop which I like. Also the Droid community is much more open, God forbid you mention "Jailbreaking" in an Apple forum. The forum Nazi's will delete the post. There are some issues with the Droid which I can live with and I don't have to worry about my pants catching on fire, LOL!

NVash

Reaction score
Man Ive wanted an iPhone since forever. Then I got an iTouch. You know, you may find this funny but I have an old iPod Classic and I prefer using that over the iTouch. The thing is, the iTouch is great, dont get me wrong. Far as I know its an iPhone without the camera and phone. Knowing this, Im not impressed with it. Sure it has a million apps. And? Alot of them are pretty expensive too, I noticed that immediately, Droid apps are way cheaper. The Droid killed it with three things, two I noticed in the store. The MangaViewer app, the DailyComic app and then finding out later that I can get emulated games on it. To do the latter I have to jailbreak it and lose my rebate, oh that makes sense. They have an awesome rebate too, my iPod Classic got corrupted, I took it in twice and they couldnt fix it so they gave me a brand new one on the sport. But the iTouch? Sure, its got the apps, I can read a book and all, great screen for that. In fact, I may prefer reading books on the iTouch over the Droid because of the bigger screen. But at the same token, the music player is a pain in the neck. If Im walking and I have my hands by my sides with my iTouch in my hands the thing starts shuffling music. What in the World is that? Not only that, I may be in the minority here, but I dont want my phone to double as an MP3 player. If it has the battery for it, sure, but itll drain that battery like no ones business. Just like a friend told me emulating games on the iPhone kills the battery in 45 minutes. For me to want this iPhone I need a few things from them.

1) Better battery life
2) Emulated games, forget jailbreaking. Truthfully, jailbreaking shouldnt be an option. Everything you gain from doing that should already be open to the people, that way when offered it theyd ask why. Like the Droid and rooting. Why?
3) More memory space for a cheaper price, I dont care what the excuses are, Im not paying $500 for 32GB
4) Option to switch batteries, as if thatll ever happen
5) Cheaper apps, and a little more control over the App Store. Some of them are junk and everyone knows it.
6) I might not want to use iTunes. GET OVER IT. Verizon didnt force me to use VCast with the Droid, dont force me to use iTunes.

But all things considered if it finally came to Verizon I could see myself buying it just to finally own one, using it for a month or so and going right back to my old trusty Droid.

dro

Reaction score
I will not switch. Love my Droid! Honestly, I would only upgrade to a newer Droid. Seriously, when you see an iPhone what is your reaction? Mine is meh, same with everyone I know. When someone sees a Droid, they want to know about it and mess with it and see what it can do. Even the DROOOIDDD alert alone, everyone wants to know about this thing. I iPhone is such a cookie cutter nancy piece of crap compared to our futuristic spaceship stealth bomber type machines.

alucardx

Reaction score
i'll never switch.. but i just hope that this doesn't ruin Verizon's 3G network :-X

comacase

Reaction score
If I come to find that when 2.1 it released for droid there are features missing that are on the Nexus One, I will be surely PISSED...and will be very unhappy with google. Enough to maybe get an iPhone...because at least with an iPhone the platform is the same and fair for everyone. I've read that the droid may not be "capable" to handle all features of 2.1. It's only been out since November - Give me a break; better not be true.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i always wanted an iphone, but honestly, i really like the open source of android, and since everyone will have an iphone the awesomeness of iphones will go away anyways

BartJJ

Reaction score
well... id most definately have to get it just for the variety vs getting the N1 like i think ima end up doing... one of the reasons is im highly experienced when it comes to software hacks on the iphone/ipod touch because i have the second gen ipod touch... with that being said a jailbroken ipod/iphone has about the same amount of open sourceness as the android OS BUT you still cant compare the two even if they are similar just because apple doesnt run cydia... as far as we know at least... but now back to android ive had my droid for about 11 days now & i absolutely love it... i have a few gripes but i have faith all of them will be solved before its over with and i most definitely do not have the same amount of experience with the android OS as i do with the iphone OS because i havent had the android OS for 1-2 years like i have with my ipod... and the thing is with the iphone you never loose support like you most likely will when the nexus 1 comes out this spring for verizon... so id prob keep my droid and buy an iphone without a contract IF i have the $ at the time ;) so i can mix things up a bit i hate repetitiveness when it comes to gadgets and i trust the iphone is different enough from the ipt to keep my intrest and love relearning everything so there ya go theres the rant of the day :)

Edmvr6

Reaction score
Damn Ive been waiting for an IPHONE on Verizon for such a long time... but hate tmobile and At&t... when the Droid came out and I saw all those adds on TV I had a big change of heart, Hearing this makes me wonder a bit, dont get me wrong I love my droid, hands down the best smart phone ive ever had, but when it comes out I will have to make a big decision.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm happy with my Droid. Google would have to completely drop the ball with 2.1, Flash 10.1 would have to be a complete failure, Fennec would have to be a failure, and navigation would have to be disabled for me to consider the iPhone.
So no I will not be looking at the iPhone on VZW :)

aosman

Reaction score
I am one of those who also wanted an iPhone but did not get it because of AT&T network and the arrogance of Apple. I don't like to be controlled by Apple and have access to apps/accessories they control or approve.

I always admired the iPhone for it's sleek design and ease of use. But this is not me. I need a challange! It's like owning a PC vs. a MAC or a power book. I admire the Apple computers. They are beautiful and elegant but will never own one even though I was tempted at times.

I bought the Droid because even though it's not perfect, it is the first true challenge to the iPhone and have the functionality I needed. Now I am finding out that the Droid/Android has more than I imagined so I am learning to love it more and more. I also always wished that Motorola made the Droid without the physical keyboard but recently I am starting to like this keyboard and even use it sometimes. If Motorola made the buttons a little bigger and centered the keyboard, that will make a great upgrade!

Now I know for sure that I will never buy an iPhone. My next phone will either be newer version Droid or another Android powered phone.