Apple to start producing 4th Gen iPhones for Verizon

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by DarthMurdicide, Jan 11, 2010.

1. backlash

backlash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't plan on switching. Just not an iPhone fan.

2. JESSLYMK

JESSLYMK Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here! I've been waiting for this phone for years since Android first came out.

3. comacase

comacase New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If I come to find that when 2.1 it released for droid there are features missing that are on the Nexus One, I will be surely PISSED...and will be very unhappy with google. Enough to maybe get an iPhone...because at least with an iPhone the platform is the same and fair for everyone. I've read that the droid may not be "capable" to handle all features of 2.1. It's only been out since November - Give me a break; better not be true.

4. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i always wanted an iphone, but honestly, i really like the open source of android, and since everyone will have an iphone the awesomeness of iphones will go away anyways

5. BartJJ

BartJJ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well... id most definately have to get it just for the variety vs getting the N1 like i think ima end up doing... one of the reasons is im highly experienced when it comes to software hacks on the iphone/ipod touch because i have the second gen ipod touch... with that being said a jailbroken ipod/iphone has about the same amount of open sourceness as the android OS BUT you still cant compare the two even if they are similar just because apple doesnt run cydia... as far as we know at least... but now back to android ive had my droid for about 11 days now & i absolutely love it... i have a few gripes but i have faith all of them will be solved before its over with and i most definitely do not have the same amount of experience with the android OS as i do with the iphone OS because i havent had the android OS for 1-2 years like i have with my ipod... and the thing is with the iphone you never loose support like you most likely will when the nexus 1 comes out this spring for verizon... so id prob keep my droid and buy an iphone without a contract IF i have the $ at the time ;) so i can mix things up a bit i hate repetitiveness when it comes to gadgets and i trust the iphone is different enough from the ipt to keep my intrest and love relearning everything so there ya go theres the rant of the day :)

6. Edmvr6

Edmvr6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Damn Ive been waiting for an IPHONE on Verizon for such a long time... but hate tmobile and At&t... when the Droid came out and I saw all those adds on TV I had a big change of heart, Hearing this makes me wonder a bit, dont get me wrong I love my droid, hands down the best smart phone ive ever had, but when it comes out I will have to make a big decision.

7. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm happy with my Droid. Google would have to completely drop the ball with 2.1, Flash 10.1 would have to be a complete failure, Fennec would have to be a failure, and navigation would have to be disabled for me to consider the iPhone.
    So no I will not be looking at the iPhone on VZW :)

8. Edmvr6

Edmvr6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  9. aosman

aosman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am one of those who also wanted an iPhone but did not get it because of AT&T network and the arrogance of Apple. I don't like to be controlled by Apple and have access to apps/accessories they control or approve.

I always admired the iPhone for it's sleek design and ease of use. But this is not me. I need a challange! It's like owning a PC vs. a MAC or a power book. I admire the Apple computers. They are beautiful and elegant but will never own one even though I was tempted at times.

I bought the Droid because even though it's not perfect, it is the first true challenge to the iPhone and have the functionality I needed. Now I am finding out that the Droid/Android has more than I imagined so I am learning to love it more and more. I also always wished that Motorola made the Droid without the physical keyboard but recently I am starting to like this keyboard and even use it sometimes. If Motorola made the buttons a little bigger and centered the keyboard, that will make a great upgrade!

Now I know for sure that I will never buy an iPhone. My next phone will either be newer version Droid or another Android powered phone.

10. Edmvr6

Edmvr6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  11. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    I would only switch for another Android phone.....Why go backwards?

12. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Had the Iphone 3GS. I really did like the phone, but really hated AT&T. Had it been with Verizon I would have kept it. This being said, now that I have the Droid I am so much more aware of how controlling Apple is with Iphone users. It is just not customizable to near the extent that the Droid is even if you jailbreak the phone (which is a must). And if you do Jailbreak it, you will have to wait to load any updates that Apple comes out with until somone figures out a way to jailbreak it. Otherwise you lose it all.
    Iphone was revolutionary, but it's time has passed in my books. Unless S. Jobs changes his controlling ways I don't see myself heading back again.