Apple iOS 5, yet again stealing ideas from Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

alboboy10

Reaction score
an sd card is a want not a need...

In that case, name one option/function on any phone that is a need, rather than a want. We have these phones because we want them, not need them. I know plenty of people that dont have cell phones at all, let alone a smart phone, and they get by just fine, just like you and I did before we got ours. We want the options and functions that they each offer, not need them. We are arguing about wants here, so why are we discussing what we need?

thats not my point. i'm not saying apple gives us everything we need and android doesnt. what i'm saying is trying to say that iphone is somehow inferior because they dont give you something that you dont even use (and again...let's be honest here, neither you nor I are that important that we need access to multiple SD cards worth of data throughout the day), is a dumb argument.

android does plenty of things better then iphone. the lack of the sd card is as stupid an argument as "open source FTW!!" and "we have removable batteries".

Open source and removable battery are pretty good though. I also don't like the simplicity of iphone. I like widgets, and the whole set up of android. The option to download roms, change cpu settings etc. androids are very geeky, whereas iphone is pretty. That's the main difference. Plus I love the huge screen on my phone in addition to 4g.
I have to admit the iphone gets better with every generation considering the first few I wouldn't even consider smart phones because they lacked multi tasking and even mms! But now they've become great products.

Whoever says iphone sucks obviously is a hater...cause when it comes to android vs apple I think they're equally great in functionality, just a choice of what you prefer.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Agree or disagree. I don't care. If another topic gets derailed by this bickering nonsense I'm giving vacations to everyone involved. This is the only warning.

sent from somewhere...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I swap SD Cards out because its nice to be able to transfer files to a computer without a usb cable.

Also, go play with your iphone if it miss you feel better. You think iphone users talk about the joys of Android on their forums?

Also, iphone users use their phones primarily to text. I know several people with iphones who use less than a gig of data a month. I had to jailbreak my ipod touch to get it to do half the stuff Android does out of the box. Itunes is a joke and it takes forever to transfer songs using it.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I'm actually a great contributor to this forum and have helped tons of people (both on and offline to this forum) with their android issues.

Right, that's believeable...

But that sounds like a personal problem that you have, and not anything that will affect me.

And I don't believe I'm the one with the problem. When you have several people call out your negativity (on more than one occasion), it seems that you would be the one with the problem. I don't understand how you could not see that.

Now, if I were to be the one with the problem, then we would see several people calling me out.

I don't think that people consistently being upset with your comments is a mistake by them. You can start to recognize a pattern after a while - well, some can at least.

So in other words "agree with what we say, or we have a problem with you, right?" I mean the only reason ppl have a problem with me is cuz I don't agree with you guys right? Lol, but apple is the cult...

Absolutely not. You're definitely entitled to disagree with whatever you want, although I will admit, when it comes to ANY Apple vs. Android thread, you just about always disagree with those in favor of Android. Then you say you're a big droidforums.net and Android supporter? I don't see it much.

I don't think the problem is with you disgreeing, so much that you put off the image that you seem to be a
and a
about all your arguments. As a matter or fact, to get on topic, I disagree with this thread as well, in the sense that I don't believe Apple "stole" anything from Android, as technology drives itself and companies feed off of each others' ideas. It works both ways between Apple and Android. Although Apple's idea of notifications is similar to Android's (but really, how many other ways of status bar and notifications could there be...?), I really don't believe that Apple "stole" the idea.

You see, that's what I feel is a good way of disagreeing without bashing people and blatantly pissing them off, trying to get under their skin. And I know how much you hate the fanboys, but its just as irritating reading comments from a hater and a basher.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
You know, I used to be the biggest proponent of keeping these threads open in the hopes that maybe people would actually learn from the other systems and learn each has detriments and benefits. They don't and these threads turn pathetic. I must say I am completely let down by the complete lack of maturity that these devolve to. This isn't even worth keeping open, we already know where it will go.

Congratulations, everyone should be proud. Another Apple/Android thread closed due to people being closed minded.

Status
Not open for further replies.