Apple iOS 5, yet again stealing ideas from Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

yurdle

Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to there own opinion as well as their own wants, needs, and wishes...
For some, iPhone is better, for others.. Android, or other systems out there.. I do agree that these ideas have likely been a little influenced by android.. but the whole sd thing should be another topic... phones have had sd card since my first flip phone... long before smartphones.. so an sd card would not be something "stolen" from android.. just something apple finally found necessary/a good idea.
I do kinda find it funny that apple has created "iCloud".. I know they didn't claim to be the first (at least not that I heard) but I do think cloud computing will grow substantially now that apple is in it... but it is funny that google has been trying to push it for quite some time.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
But WOW that notification bar is nearly identical to ours. Come on Jobs, really?

Again, how many different, intuitive ways are there to do notifications, really?

I mean, sometimes I wish I had patented the on/off button because pretty much everyone has copied that.

Although I will say just because one method seems like the best and maybe the only obvious way, consumers ultimately lose when companies settle just to copy what appears to be working. And look like Apple added at least one tweak to improve on it being able to dismiss by app (and then failing on a "clear all" option).

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
have they figured out how to ad an SD card slot yet?

Yeah the lack of an sd card has really hurt iphone sales...it's crazy how apple continues to ignore the wants of their customers...oh...wait...

LOL, how many people actually swap out SD cards, anyway?

Apparently android users have 90GB worth of data that they must have on their phones at all times...:icon_rolleyes:

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I like to wake up real early in the morning and just start screaming "roosters, roosters is a winner". Just thought I would share that here in this thread. It has as much relevance as the thread.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
what other ideas have they stolen of android ?

not sure, but the unlock sliders that android has is a clear rip off of the "slide to unlock" of ios. I mean, there are literally millions of ways to unlock a phone. the fact that google chose unlock sliders just shows they were trying to copy apple.

^pretty dumb, right?

ILUVDROID

Reaction score
what other ideas have they stolen of android ?

not sure, but the unlock sliders that android has is a clear rip off of the "slide to unlock" of ios. I mean, there are literally millions of ways to unlock a phone. the fact that google chose unlock sliders just shows they were trying to copy apple.

^pretty dumb, right?

yeah btw im loving ios 5 on my ipod touch its much faster.

xan

Reaction score
Yeah the lack of an sd card has really hurt iphone sales...it's crazy how apple continues to ignore the wants of their customers...oh...wait...

Apparently android users have 90GB worth of data that they must have on their phones at all times...:icon_rolleyes:

Apparently some customers dont like being limited by the storage size a bean counter wants to limit a device too. (Lets get our customer base stuck using a cumbersome pc based program to transfer files and updates, and severely limit the ease of sharing and backing up files at the same time)

Last edited:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Apparently some customers dont like being limited by the storage size a bean counter wants to limit a device too. (Or want its customers to be stuck using a cumbersome pc based program to transfer files and updates, while ignoring many moms advice to "always share".)

removable storage on phones is the same as a moonroof on a car, or flash on android. i guess it's cool to say you have it, but come on, you know you're not using that space, and even if you are, there's no way you're accessing all the stuff on that SD card. It's just crap that's filling up space because you know you can. You don't need an SD card slot, you just think you do because someone advertised it as a feature.

like you have a rotation of 5 SD cards that you swap out weekly...:icon_rolleyes:

xan

Reaction score
I love how you use the word discussion, then tell people what their needs are while ignoring any valid contradictions to your views.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love how you use the word discussion, then tell people what their needs are while ignoring any valid contradictions to your views.

So you "need" multiple 32GB sd cards? that's what your saying? you have that much data that you "need" to be at your fingertips at all time? you sound like a very important person.

Status
Not open for further replies.