Chinese company copies Iphone5, patents it in China, set to sue Apple for infringing

guitarskoota

Reaction score
You can't make this stuff up! Karma at its finest(funniest).

View attachment 55640

Android fans, especially those of you who love your Samsung devices, might have something to cheer about today as it looks like Chinese Android phone maker GooPhone have already patented the design of the new iPhone 5 before Apple have had chance!
[video=youtube;thMLuT46MQE]http://youtu.be/thMLuT46MQE"]company's video on YouTube[/video].

In recent months, tech blogs all over the world have released leaked photos and videos of what is rumored to be Apple's iPhone 5. The pictures show what appears to be a longer, thinner, but altogether similar version of previous models of the best-selling smartphone in the world. The Goophone I5 will run a version of the Android operating system that mimics the look of Apple's IOS. Goophone claims to have already patented its phone in China and vows to sue for patent infringement should Apple try to release the iPhone 5 in China as well.
The most intriguing part of the GooPhone i5′s design is the fact that it could effectively block Apple from selling their next generation iPhone in the Chinese market, and may even mean GooPhone have the right to block iPhone 5 exports completely!

The GooPhone i5 is expected to launch a little after the genuine iPhone 5 later this month and is said to feature an Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core 1.4Ghz CPU, 1GB RAM, Android 4.0 ICS with an iOS 6 theme, 8 mega-pixel rear camera and a 4 inch screen with an impressive retina display resolution of 1280 x 720.

Sources: Chinese Company Used Leaked iPhone 5 Specs to Build Knockoff, Hopes to Sue Apple for Patent Infringement | Trending Now - Yahoo! News
http://www.gizchina.com/2012/09/04/...5-might-have-blocked-iphone-5-sales-in-china/

Last edited:
Reaction score
We can only hope... Someone needs to site Apple they aren't the biggest kid on the block...

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx Arctic .215

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
What goes around, comes around...

As much as I despise theft, I feel a certain level of satisfaction with this case’s circumstances. It seems that the manufacturer is making a statement in direct retaliation for the bullying that Apple has been perpetrating.

May ye reap as ye sow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Baaahahahahahahahahahaha.. :blink:

Now the serious part... I hope apple has some ice for the black eye that they may get for this one.. however..

Why don't they already have the i5 design patented? I ask because they've applied for and receive patents for tech that's nit in production yet..

I'm not patent expert, but though you can't patent an idea(so I'm told) apple has found a way to do so... so why didn't they do it for the i5? Caught sleeping perhaps?

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
They may have patented the design here but not in china. Good luck apple fighting a Chinese company in china. Lol

Sent from my DROID4

Natey2

Reaction score
If I were sitting on a jury here in these Apple suits, I wouldn't let Apple get away with some of the nonsense they claim having a patent to.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
If I were sitting on a jury here in these Apple suits, I wouldn't let Apple get away with some of the nonsense they claim having a patent to.

You and the rest of the intelligent and responsible members of society. This is why it's happening...the one who is perpetrating the ludicrous claims (AKA Apple) is the favored son of the fanboy world, so they can do not wrong. Fortunately not so in the eyes of China! I'll bet China would love to "de-throne" Apple.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You and the rest of the intelligent and responsible members of society. This is why it's happening...the one who is perpetrating the ludicrous claims (AKA Apple) is the favored son of the fanboy world, so they can do not wrong. Fortunately not so in the eyes of China! I'll bet China would love to "de-throne" Apple.

Oh you know china would love to throw apple to the wolves :)

jseah

Reaction score

Intelligent people are not the ones who get selected for juries. The ones who get selected are the ones who the attorneys feel are the most easily swayed to their position.

Natey2

Reaction score
Re: Chinese company copies Iphone5, patents it in China, set to sue Apple

The GooPhone i5 runs Android 4.0 ICS with an iOS 6 theme? Hmm... I might even go get one if battery life is better than the Razr Maxx. Lol!

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk