Apple iOS 5, yet again stealing ideas from Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

xan

Reaction score
i need more than what the device came with internally, its great to be able to expand it as my needs change.

Want 2, 8, 16, or 32Gb extra storage with easy file backups and sharing across any platform without installing drivers and software? fine with android.

Want to expand your iphone memory? buy a new one. sharing/coping/adding files without limits? forget it.

bplewis24

Reaction score
Stealing is the wrong word. They've copied some ideas, and in others they are employing similar ideas but in a different way. This is all about competition though...they are finally trying to catch up to what Android has to offer.

If you think about it, it's very flattering to us. The mainstream media has always assumed iOS was the premiere OS (and half of the people on this site even agree with that), but the last two WWDC have illustrated just how false that is.

Nevertheless, Google didn't invent some of these ideas either, but they just have had them since the beginning. I suggest all of you go around congratulating your Apple Macolytes this week for finally being able to do some of the things we've been doing for years...sometime this "Fall."

:)

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
i need more than what the device came with internally, its great to be able to expand it as my needs change.

Want 2, 8, 16, or 32Gb extra storage with easy file backups and sharing across any platform without installing drivers and software? fine with android.

Want to expand your iphone memory? buy a new one. sharing/coping/adding files without limits? forget it.

so i'll rephrase the question. you anticipate that you needs will eventually change and these changed needs would require you to have multiple 32GB sdcards at hand to swap out so you can access 64GB+ of data throughout the day?

let's be honest here. you probably don't access even 1% of your sdcard's content a day. like i said it's cool to say you can swap out cards, but you don't "need" it and not having it doesn't somehow make a product inferior.

silly things like removable sdcards and removable batteries are irrelevant arguments. no one "needs" 32GB of data available at all times, and apple batteries are not failing daily so that you have to send them in and wait weeks for a repair.

an sd card is a want not a need...

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stealing is the wrong word. They've copied some ideas, and in others they are employing similar ideas but in a different way. This is all about competition though...they are finally trying to catch up to what Android has to offer.

If you think about it, it's very flattering to us. The mainstream media has always assumed iOS was the premiere OS (and half of the people on this site even agree with that), but the last two WWDC have illustrated just how false that is.

Nevertheless, Google didn't invent some of these ideas either, but they just have had them since the beginning. I suggest all of you go around congratulating your Apple Macolytes this week for finally being able to do some of the things we've been doing for years...sometime this "Fall."

:)

One could argue that every new smartphone coming out being labeled "the iPhone killer" is pretty flattering to Apple too...

rmart88

Reaction score

In that case, name one option/function on any phone that is a need, rather than a want. We have these phones because we want them, not need them. I know plenty of people that dont have cell phones at all, let alone a smart phone, and they get by just fine, just like you and I did before we got ours. We want the options and functions that they each offer, not need them. We are arguing about wants here, so why are we discussing what we need?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

In that case, name one option/function on any phone that is a need, rather than a want. We have these phones because we want them, not need them. I know plenty of people that dont have cell phones at all, let alone a smart phone, and they get by just fine, just like you and I did before we got ours. We want the options and functions that they each offer, not need them. We are arguing about wants here, so why are we discussing what we need?

I need Angry Birds. My Dr's say without it, I would perish.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

thats not my point. i'm not saying apple gives us everything we need and android doesnt. what i'm saying is trying to say that iphone is somehow inferior because they dont give you something that you dont even use (and again...let's be honest here, neither you nor I are that important that we need access to multiple SD cards worth of data throughout the day), is a dumb argument.

android does plenty of things better then iphone. the lack of the sd card is as stupid an argument as "open source FTW!!" and "we have removable batteries".

devinhfox

Reaction score
Nice little consumer perspective.
Some aim higher.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

devinhfox

Reaction score
You're kind of a downer.
Why you here, and other than to be a prick?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're kind of a downer.

Oh because I own an android phone, and this is droidforums. Mind-boggling right?

b-jammin21

Reaction score
You're kind of a downer.

Oh because I own an android phone, and this is droidforums. Mind-boggling right?

Huh, that's odd...and 99% of your posts don't reflect this at all...

Most people stand behind what they own, not consistently aim to make points attempting to prove its inferiority.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're kind of a downer.

Huh, that's odd...and 99% of your posts don't reflect this at all...

Most people stand behind what they own, not consistently aim to make points attempting to prove its inferiority.

99% of my posts? Seems kinda hyperbolic. I'm actually a great contributor to this forum and have helped tons of people (both on and offline to this forum) with their android issues. Just because I don't share a skewed, fanboy view doesn't mean I don't stand behind my product. My next phone will also be an Android phone, and so will the one after that...I'm sorry that my disagreement with bashing a company like a child makes me an unwelcome member of this forum. But that sounds like a personal problem that you have, and not anything that will affect me.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I'm actually a great contributor to this forum and have helped tons of people (both on and offline to this forum) with their android issues.

Right, that's believeable...

But that sounds like a personal problem that you have, and not anything that will affect me.

And I don't believe I'm the one with the problem. When you have several people call out your negativity (on more than one occasion), it seems that you would be the one with the problem. I don't understand how you could not see that.

Now, if I were to be the one with the problem, then we would see several people calling me out.

I don't think that people consistently being upset with your comments is a mistake by them. You can start to recognize a pattern after a while - well, some can at least.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm actually a great contributor to this forum and have helped tons of people (both on and offline to this forum) with their android issues.

Right, that's believeable...

But that sounds like a personal problem that you have, and not anything that will affect me.

And I don't believe I'm the one with the problem. When you have several people call out your negativity (on more than one occasion), it seems that you would be the one with the problem. I don't understand how you could not see that.

Now, if I were to be the one with the problem, then we would see several people calling me out.

I don't think that people consistently being upset with your comments is a mistake by them. You can start to recognize a pattern after a while - well, some can at least.

So in other words "agree with what we say, or we have a problem with you, right?" I mean the only reason ppl have a problem with me is cuz I don't agree with you guys right? Lol, but apple is the cult...

Status
Not open for further replies.