Apple Fights Back With Motorola... New Lawsuit

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
applevmoto.jpg

Do you remember when Motorola went against Apple in a lawsuit just a few weeks ago? Well Apple is firing back with a lawsuit in a Wisconsin court and it takes aim at the Multi-touch features Motorola devices have. This lawsuit battle is about to get really hot really quick, because Motorola has a pretty long list of lawsuit against them and they want a lot back from Motorola. The Motorola DROID, DROID 2, DROID X, CLIQ, CLIQ XT, BackFlip, Devour, Devour i5, and the Charm 1 are the reason of this lawsuit and it is sort of funny since those are just about ever Android device Motorola has had so far.

Now here is the list of lawsuits:

One: Apple, Inc patent titled: Ellipse Fitting for Multi-Touch Surfaces: Patent Abstract: Apparatus and methods are disclosed for simultaneously tracking multiple finger and palm contacts as hands approach, touch, and slide across a proximity-sensing, multi-touch surface. Identification and classification of intuitive hand configurations and motions enables unprecedented integration of typing, resting, pointing, scrolling, 3D manipulation, and handwriting into a versatile, ergonomic computer input device.

Two: Apple, Inc patent titled: Multipoint Touchscreen: Patent Abstract: A touch panel having a transparent capacitive sensing medium configured to detect multiple touches or near touches that occur at the same time and at distinct locations in the plane of the touch panel and to produce distinct signals representative of the location of the touches on the plane of the touch panel for each of the multiple touches is disclosed.

Three: Taligent, Inc patent titled: Object-Oriented System Locator System: Patent Abstract: A method and system for adding system components (documents, tools, fonts, libraries, etc.) to a computer system without running an installation program. A location framework is employed to locate system components whose properties match those specified in search criteria. The framework receives notification from the system when system components whose properties match the search criteria are added to or removed from the system.

Four: Apple, Inc, patent titled: Touch Screen Device, Method, and Graphical User Interface for Determining Commands by Applying Heuristics: Apple’s invention generally relates to electronic devices with touch screen displays, and more particularly, to electronic devices that apply heuristics to detected user gestures on a touch screen display to determine commands.

Five: Apple Computer, Inc. patent titled: Method and Apparatus for Displaying and Accessing Control and Status Information in a Computer System: Apple’s invention generally relates to the field of computer systems; particularly, the present invention relates to displaying a status and control function bar or window to enable access of user selected indicia to a computer system user.

Six: Apple Computer, Inc. patent titled: Support for Custom User-Interaction Elements in a Graphical, Event-Driven Computer System: Apple’s invention relates to graphical, event-driven computer systems, more particularly to custom interactive user-interaction elements in a computer system having a window-based graphical user interface.

This battle is getting hot and heavy with Motorola being sued by Apple and Microsoft while they are just suing Apple back. I really hope with all this money they are making from the Droid's they can afford a good lawyer, because they will certainly need them. Apple is asking for an injunction, damages, royalties, and legal costs for the lawsuits. Which if you put it all together, will cost Motorola millions of dollars to pay Apple back if they secede to Apple.

News via: BGR

R

RETG

And after they settle, or Apple actually wins, who will be next? HTC, Samsung, etc.?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why isn''t Apple suing Blackberry too, while they are at it? They have touch screen devices.

mr.hollister85

Reaction score
Apple just jealous cuz droid is makin all the money now and apple doesn't want competition,sorry aplle its time for a change:p

ocdtrekkie

Reaction score
I tried drawing a diagram of all the lawsuits between different companies pertaining to Android... I got lost.

ocdtrekkie

Reaction score
Oh... and obvious patents are obvious. If the judge is reasonable, most of Apple's patents will get tossed out.

droidman101

Reaction score
Why isn''t Apple suing Blackberry too, while they are at it? They have touch screen devices.

1. idk if its the same type
2. why woul they sue bb, bb makes different kinds of phones and are also losing market share to android. apple just wants android off the map

OP
W

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Oh well motorola has been around a lot longer than apple and microsoft,its just all bout money
OMG I am sorry but did you just say Motorola has been around longer than MS and Apple? Hahah... How wrong could you be. Maybe you meant the other way around or something, because that statement is just really wrong.

Gungiddy

Reaction score
Oh well motorola has been around a lot longer than apple and microsoft,its just all bout money
OMG I am sorry but did you just say Motorola has been around longer than MS and Apple? Hahah... How wrong could you be. Maybe you meant the other way around or something, because that statement is just really wrong.

Who is wrong?

1928: Founding of Company
On September 25, 1928, Paul V. Galvin and his brother, Joseph, incorporated Motorola's founding company — Galvin Manufacturing Corporation — in Chicago, Illinois, USA.

1943: First Motorola Public Stock Offering
Motorola sold its first public stock in 1943 for US$8.50 per share.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score

Motorola was started in the late 20 or 30's.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

OP
W

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Who is wrong?

1928: Founding of Company
On September 25, 1928, Paul V. Galvin and his brother, Joseph, incorporated Motorola's founding company — Galvin Manufacturing Corporation — in Chicago, Illinois, USA.

1943: First Motorola Public Stock Offering
Motorola sold its first public stock in 1943 for US$8.50 per share.
OMG I just got man handled...
Okay, You are right :)
Can't believe Motorola is that old...
Like I always say... Live and learn.