Moto Picks a Fight With Apple, Claims the iPhone 4S and iCloud Infringe on 6 Patents

TristanCross

Reaction score
Apple and Motorola merging? This is news to me. How will this work? Will Motorola be consumed by Apple bull****, or will they stay separate companies that work/make money together, allowing Motorola to continue with their Android phones?

Sent from my DROIDX

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apple and Motorola merging? This is news to me. How will this work? Will Motorola be consumed by Apple bull****, or will they stay separate companies that work/make money together, allowing Motorola to continue with their Android phones?

Sent from my DROIDX

its motorola and google merging lol

TristanCross

Reaction score
Oooooh.../facepalm

I'm an idiot. Read it completely wrong lol

Sent from my DROIDX

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Turn about is fair play. Good for Moto to file a frivolous suit against Apple.
Now Samsung just needs to wise up and stop selling screen parts to Apple.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

TristanCross

Reaction score
Samsung is trash. Their phones are low quality and outdated.

Sent from my DROIDX

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
I swear, most patents, no matter who they're filed by, are such a joke. “method and apparatus for communicating summarized data”

Really??

Can I patent raising an upper body limb to ones face to prevent the exhalation of air from the mouth flowing directly outward? Or how about the delivery of liquid to the human body from an external source for the purposes of hydration. Now I see why there are patent wars. I can do this all day! :)

You need to remember that the article only cites like one line of the patent, to dumb it down for us and give a general idea of what the patent is. The actual patent is much more detailed, and far more specific.

gthotie5

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

DROIDX Meet SkyRocket :D
Don't get me wrong I like Motto phones better than Samsung but your post just doesn't make much sense.
Hardware wise yes Samsung uses plastic to much but that's about it.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

you do realize the samsung galaxy nexus is the only one of 2 phones that officially run the latest operating system (i think its only 2) and the samsung galaxy SII is still one of the phones to beat on basically any benchmark despite having less impressive specs, it is/was basically the phone to beat as far as performance

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
You know what would really stink? You're a programmer or perhaps a technical engineer, and you get your dream job to work for Apple, Google or whomever. And smartphones - sexy and hot! Then you're informed that your job is to scrutinize the competition for patent infringements. That'd be like landing a trading job at Goldman and then told you're responsible for SOX.

Rhino413

Reaction score
Apple will be in Deep DoDo if Moto decides to dive deep into its patent chest because I’m pretty sure they have every patent that pertains to what a cell phone is, can be or ever will be Moto is to mobile communications as FORD is to cars. Just because Moto has never opened its nuclear bomb of a patent chest, does not mean they never would. I like apple products but Apples blatant attempt at bully and stop the competition needs to be stopped

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apple will be in Deep DoDo if Moto decides to dive deep into its patent chest because I’m pretty sure they have every patent that pertains to what a cell phone is, can be or ever will be Moto is to mobile communications as FORD is to cars. Just because Moto has never opened its nuclear bomb of a patent chest, does not mean they never would. I like apple products but Apples blatant attempt at bully and stop the competition needs to be stopped

I'm sure most of these moto patents will fall under FRAND or they'll be designated as FRAND if this goes to trial. I don't think moto really thinks a court will destroy iPhone like that haha

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Sent from my DROIDX
Going to have to disagree with this. Yes their phones are plastic, but they're a nice high quality plastic, even higher quality than the plastics found in low end cars imo. And in terms of outdated, then why does the Nexus have the latest OS when no other phone has it officially (yes there are ROMs, but those aren't official). You can argue that once the other devices get ICS it won't have that advantage anymore, but there is nothing wrong with Samsung. The screen quality is second to none imo. The phones they release now are pretty high quality.

And as for the actual topic, about time Apple gets a taste of their own medicine:p

alboboy10

Reaction score
Samsung is the best android phone maker...just look at the galaxy line.