Apple Fights Back With Motorola... New Lawsuit

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
OMG I am sorry but did you just say Motorola has been around longer than MS and Apple? Hahah... How wrong could you be. Maybe you meant the other way around or something, because that statement is just really wrong.

Who is wrong?

1928: Founding of Company
On September 25, 1928, Paul V. Galvin and his brother, Joseph, incorporated Motorola's founding company — Galvin Manufacturing Corporation — in Chicago, Illinois, USA.

1943: First Motorola Public Stock Offering
Motorola sold its first public stock in 1943 for US$8.50 per share.
OMG I just got man handled...
Okay, You are right :)
Can't believe Motorola is that old...
Like I always say... Live and learn.

We are all here to gain knowledge...lol :icon_ banana:

Yeah, I can recall seeing that "M" logo pretty much all my life. It hasn't changed one bit.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Who is wrong?

1928: Founding of Company
On September 25, 1928, Paul V. Galvin and his brother, Joseph, incorporated Motorola's founding company — Galvin Manufacturing Corporation — in Chicago, Illinois, USA.

1943: First Motorola Public Stock Offering
Motorola sold its first public stock in 1943 for US$8.50 per share.
OMG I just got man handled...
Okay, You are right :)
Can't believe Motorola is that old...
Like I always say... Live and learn.

We are all here to gain knowledge...lol :icon_ banana:

Yeah, I can recall seeing that "M" logo pretty much all my life. It hasn't changed one bit.

They've been making 2 way radios since forever

swallman

Reaction score
I'm just curious as to how/why they picked the court in Western Wisconsin (since that's where I live) ? We couldn't even get the iPhone here for the longest time due to no AT&T coverage (still can't purchase the iPhone in my zipcode LOL).

PikaCane

Reaction score
According to Engadget, Western Wisconsin is seen as bring plaintiff-friendly, and they tend to get cases through relatively quickly.

Dis Droidforums app is da bomb, yo!

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So this is how apple is going to take over the world. One lawsuit at a time.
LOL next up HTC then Samsung and then LG. What about BB and Nokia they have touch screens as well.

barski

Reaction score
According to Engadget, Western Wisconsin is seen as bring plaintiff-friendly, and they tend to get cases through relatively quickly.

Dis Droidforums app is da bomb, yo!

I'm in western wisconsin and I would have to agree AT&T's service sucks around here. Verizon is the way to go around here

Wisconsins court system is not fast, maybe compared to other states but I would doubt it.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Apple got caught with its pants down by Android (and Apple wasn't the only one). It was obviously a strategic misstep for IPhone not to be on VZW all these years.

Just about money. Some of this stuff Moto may end-up paying a licensing fee to Apple. I'd guess Apple might be paying some licensing fees to Moto for who knows what. All pretty comical. Mostly just the lawyers making out.

And, yeah, obvious pattents. Pretty tough to stake a claim on how people interact with a touchscreen. The underlying architecture, sure, but you can't try to say "people using their fingers is all ours!"

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah as stated many times, these types of lawsuits are for a few reasons, apple wants a ruling on this so they can take others to court (if needed) and show precedence in a real court case (if they win) and it will be a little more defined by the judge i'm sure.

The problem apple faces is that with stuff like this the patent office gave out patents with vague at best descriptions of the actual patent. Case in point, how a user interfaces with a multi-touch device. Can you say vague? It gets a little more into it on the actual patent but surely not much. Apple purchased the company that reportedly created multi-touch interfacing on the device, to try to show they lay claim to it. We will see what the outcome is on this, and i would imagine just like most of you that alot of these patents should be thrown out, there might be 1 or 2 viable patents that they hold, but that's for the judge to decide.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
i mean, this is a textbook corporate lawsuit...it's going to be tossed out or settled out of court...its not going to drag out for years...

mr.hollister85

Reaction score
Eh in not putting anyone down from my last comment bout Motorola being around so sooo long just not a lot of people didnt know that:p

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Moto has a huge patent stable of their own to fight back with so I'm sure they can hold their own in the mobile market.