Google and Motorola Ordered To Hand Over Android Data to Apple

meishkov

Reaction score
Apple deserves to go bankrupt, tho its basically impossible,but filing all these lawsuits n getting rulings in their favor says one thing...the courts n politicians have their pockets stuffed with Apple profits and they'll DO ANYTHING to make sure it stays top dog.
Its sad n pathetic that a "tech" company of their magnitude has to resort to these ridiculous tactics. Instead of copying androids notification bar system and then try n sue for something like slide to unlock feature is an absolute joke.
And to the guy who said we'd all flock to iOS if they managed to squash android, not me, I would NEVER support a joke of a company like Apple that doesn't know how to create any new innovative technologies since Mr. Jobs was laid to rest. Coming out with a "new" ipad that has a better processor and more memory doesn't count. Anybody could predict that, That's expected upgrades, where's the REAL innovation? Yea, its gone, it left with Steve, now dim wits r left running the gig. Its things like this that make everyone outside the USA despite it...its really not a good look.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
And to the guy who said we'd all flock to iOS if they managed to squash android, not me, I would NEVER support a joke of a company like Apple that doesn't know how to create any new innovative technologies since Mr. Jobs was laid to rest. Coming out with a "new" ipad that has a better processor and more memory doesn't count. Anybody could predict that, That's expected upgrades, where's the REAL innovation? Yea, its gone, it left with Steve, now dim wits r left running the gig. Its things like this that make everyone outside the USA despite it...its really not a good look.

Not once did I say every Android user would flock to Apple. I said a lot would. Everyone saying "not me" and "I wouldn't" are the exception.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

meishkov

Reaction score
Not once did I say every Android user would flock to Apple. I said a lot would. Everyone saying "not me" and "I wouldn't" are the exception.

No I hear ya, the majority of android peeps, as in the ones who don't ponder thru these forums, I'm sure would go to iOS without even thinking about it. With no hesitation. They're just the ones who want a working phone with internet capabilities and could care less about any of these lawsuits. But to us, the people who question things, I have to ask how in the world can important people in high places make these stupid, hugely impactful decisions? Whatever happened to antitrust? Isn't there supposed to be things in place to prevent a "only game in town" scenario? I remember back in the day M$ got dragged into court every other week because they had the only OS on the market basically. When will it end? Probably never, or until all the idiots in charge of making crazy decisions like this are died off.

meishkov

Reaction score
I would hang on to my bionic until it broke then look into windows mobile. But I think moto needs to dig deep into the patent chest and throw something at apple that is a huge blow.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Couldn't agree more. Surely there must be something in that $12.5billion patent war chest...come on goog, dig deep!!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
No I hear ya, the majority of android peeps, as in the ones who don't ponder thru these forums, I'm sure would go to iOS without even thinking about it. With no hesitation. They're just the ones who want a working phone with internet capabilities and could care less about any of these lawsuits. But to us, the people who question things, I have to ask how in the world can important people in high places make these stupid, hugely impactful decisions? Whatever happened to antitrust? Isn't there supposed to be things in place to prevent a "only game in town" scenario? I remember back in the day M$ got dragged into court every other week because they had the only OS on the market basically. When will it end? Probably never, or until all the idiots in charge of making crazy decisions like this are died off.

To clarify, I would avoid switching to Apple as long as I could. I don't particularly like their business practices and the OS in general. My girl actually asked me about getting an iPhone when her contract was up and I gave her the evil eye. I thought I was being generous by not smashing her iPod. :p But if it got to a point where Apple were the only reliable game in town, I'd suck it up and switch.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Wait... does the Anti-Trust law even exist anymore? :blink: This is getting ridiculous! At every turn Apple seems bent on eliminating and preventing competition.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yep. I said last year that the things that Microsoft had planned for W8 and WP7+ looked VERY interesting. I almost got laughed out of the forum, but I still stand by that statement. I think they truly have some good stuff cooking up especially with their plan on OS and window scaling across devices.

We're about to see some really sweet tech from them within the next year.

Don't disagree and have said the same things. MS still has a huge installed PC base, not to mention Office captives. If (and that's a huge if) they get it right, they could be the market leader very quickly. All sounds well and good, but the fact is MS execution has been embarrassingly poor for over a decade. They've done well with the XBox, but even on their bread&butter Windows they have been hit and miss.

Agree they COULD be a major player. I just have zero confidence they can make it happen.

meishkov

Reaction score
Wait... does the Anti-Trust law even exist anymore? :blink: This is getting ridiculous! At every turn Apple seems bent on eliminating and preventing competition.

I guess not, I haven't heard the word antitrust since that Tim Robbins movie with That phillippe dude. And in the late 90s when MS was getting shafted on a weekly basis it seemed.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

Anti-trust law typically focuses on anti-competitive behavior in cases where a company has a dominant market share (tradtionally >80%). None of Apple's businesses come close to that threshold. Google is actually a more likely target with it's share of web search (not sure of the %, though, think maybe @ 60%).

There have been rumblings of re-thinking that monopoly threshold given the way product lines and consumer segments are overlapping in the tech world. There was some fuss a while back about Apple potentially needing to spin-off Itunes/App store at some point.

Otherwise, sorry, Apple has every right to protect its intellectual property. The bigger issue is really the patent system. There's certainly nothing illegal or even particularly unique with what Apple is doing.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what would happen. Android is far and away iOS's biggest competition. You don't see too many questions on "Windows Mobile vs Android/Apple". It's always Apple vs Android. If Apple is successful in this current lawsuit, it could be devastating to any device not running iOS. I guarantee that if Android were killed off, a lot of forum members would run toward Apple. People have become dependent on their smart phone. If Apple is the only way they can get their fix, you're damn right that's where they'll go.

I think alot of android users would go to the new windows phones, I'd go back to RIM myself as I'm so sick and tired of apple that I actually refuse to have a single apple product or program in my house. not even quicktime, I use quicktime alternative.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I'd keep using aging and ailing android devices until the last one fails and gets thrown in a landfill, if apple manages to destroy google.

I don't know the entire history of Android development....but I thought that while iOS is BSD based and proprietary, android is entirely open-source and built off of open source software. If so, how is Android's development history of any use to Apple?

I ask a question.....Have the two OS' been compared on a line for line code level to see if either use the others' code? Because I see this as the only reason Apple would want to look at Android...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
To Apple it's not about code. It's about Steve Jobs said he'd go to nuclear war to destroy Android. It's quoted in his authorized biography

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Reaction score
...Even if they were to thwart Google and kill Android, do they really think people will run out to get Iphones? lmao...

I will run off and buy Blackberry just to piss-off Apple. But I would also go back to WinMo.

Also, sometimes you have to lose a few battles to win the war. I suspect that even though Apple won this particular small thing, Google will open up with all guns blazing before this thing is all said and done. I predict they will dig into all areas including patents and codes and ethics and principles that Apple is not as innocent as they pretend to be. And I predict that Goggle will open up some cans of whoop-ass before this thing is over. And I think Google will route Apple on this.

I may be hopelessly optimistic and full of wishful thinking. But I have to be. If Apple does win this, I will throw myself back into the stone age if I have to. I am so dead set anti-Apple that I refuse to own anything (crab)Apple. And besides, I fan throw a rock at their damn iCrap and break it. How ironic is that?

*Edited

Irony. It's what's for dinner.