Google Finally Draws Its Sword; Files New Case Against Apple With Motorola Patents

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Whatever it takes to get Apple to stop the crying, whining and sit down n shut up, so be it.

We gotta remember Apple was trying to be slick and had some stock Android icons in there they were crying about at one time in their Samsung battle. And the whole Siri thing that had Google tweak the search... Yea...its about time Google stepped in the ring against Apple.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
S&17 just got real.

Popcorn.gif

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
it's about time, I'm tired of telling my iphone loving friends exactly WHY I don't like apple and then educating them on their dirty business practices.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't root for anyone on this.

The real problem is that patents like these should not be given out in the first place. Atari sued other companies for years in the 80s and 90s for simple things like "parallax scrolling" (two backgrounds scrolling horizontally at different speeds to give the illusion of 3d). Really, Atari? Everyone that creates scrolling graphics has to pay you or get your permission? Some things haven't changed.

Patents for software technology are given out too easily, and their interpretations can be subjective and vague enough that suddenly everyone is violating everyone's patents when they're just trying to build simple features into their devices.

Versatile1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm pretty confident that further into the case Apple will deal to avoid injunctions.

Google sues Apple

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hope that one, this ends all the patent wars, two Google Now gets all of its search integration abilities back, and three wakes Apple up and makes them start innovating again. Stagnation does no one any good and Apple is too large of a company to flop again because it's being run by short-sighted children.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
First of all epic picture. Secondly the irony of the situation is that Google really doesn't even want to do it from what I'm hearing. Apple has done it to themselves.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
They have indeed. Microsoft is the only company that they have been willing to enter into fair licensing agreements with, and surprise surprise, both Apple and Microsoft have been found in violation for using Moto's developments without paying FRAND licensing fees and have both thus far refused to make proper restitution. I cannot understand in any way how their top execs can be so short-sighted. If I had the opporunity to run Billion-dollar companies you can believe I'd do everything in my power to keep them relevant and profitable as far into the future as possible, not trying to mire the competition down in litigation and making myself and those around me look like fools.

Versatile1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If I had the opporunity to run Billion-dollar companies you can believe I'd do everything in my power to keep them relevant and profitable as far into the future as possible, not trying to mire the competition down in litigation and making myself and those around me look like fools.

Yup!!!¡¡¡

Google sues Apple

RL52

Reaction score
Just reading about these patent wars wear me out.
Apple needs a nice kick in the face.
I hope Google Motorola capitalizes on this one, shutting down Apple's ego.

it's all about the money money money...

KL1

Reaction score
This is what happens when you let greed rule capitalism. Capitalism is fantastic when people have a heart and people are looking to advance mankind.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2