App Permissions causing problems?

jspetro17

Reaction score
My D2G has always had a few kinks. Recently, I've had some problems such as the phone restarting, acting as if it has a mind of its own (like randomly opening apps without me touching it) and not receiving texts for as long as three days and then decide it wants to receive all the text messages at one time. Also, sometimes when people text me it shows them as a different contact and it confuses me because I don't realize that I'm talking to a different person until later in the conversation.

I went to the Verizon store and they told me my best bet was to restore the phone, and install apps one at a time and wait in between each to see if any problems occur after installation. They told me that because apps have different permissions, they could affect my phone in a negative way. Here is a list of the apps on my phone, I was just wondering if anyone had any similar experiences?

-Angry Birds
-Barcode Scanner
-Bump
-Catabus
-Doodle Jump
-ESPN Score Center
-Facebook
-Fandango
-Foursquare
-Gameboid Lite
-Google Goggles
-Google Sky Map
-iMapMyRide
-MLB at Bat lite
-My coffee card for Starbucks
-PNC
-Rage Faces
-Seesmic
-Robot Unicorn Attack
-Tourettes Guy Soundboard
-Twitter
-Where's my Droid?
-Words with Friends free
-Zedge

My phone isn't rooted, and I don't think any of my apps are sketchy enough to cause problems like I have been having. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks!

Reaction score
Both the "not receiving messages until restarted or placed into airplane mode" AND the "phantom screen touches" issues are commonly reported known issues with the Droid line of phones. They are hardware issues that will not go away until the phone is replaced. The "techs" you talked to are idiots. Do a factory reset (they won't listen to you until you do) and take it back to the store and show them that it's still doing it, and don't leave until you get a new phone.