Problems...

SmokeyMP

Reaction score
I own a Droid 2 (Not global). It is rooted and running Fission 2.5.7. I have been having some problems.
Ever since I got my phone, at least a few times a day it will get stuck with the screen off, and sometimes shut off during this. This seems to happen mostly if I shut the screen off and immediately try to turn it back off. Also, getting it to boot up is very confusing. I end up having to hold and press(etc) the button several times before it will come on. Does anyone know the correct press pattern for boot-up?
A few nites ago, my girlfriend wasn't receiving any of my texts for a few hours. The next morning, it was working just fine. She also received a text shortly after from probably a week ago. I also noticed later that night that I sent someone a text, and it came back as not sent, but it was, because he texted me back. I am running Handcent 3.5.0. This seems like a pretty common problem and I wouldn't think much into it. Although, is probably the most significant problem for obvious reasons(important text messages, causing fights, etc).
I opened a app called "Predict your baby", and tried to take a picture of myself. When it was supposed to open the camera it didn't. I tried it three times. After this, I was unable to open the camera at all. I searched the forums for a solution, and found a problem similar. Apparently they found a corrupt image file (all black) in their gallery and deleted it to solve their problem. I did this and found 3 at the beginning of the gallery and deleted them. Note: they weren't all black, but rather nothing at all just a default thumbnail image. After doing this I was able to open the camera but after taking a picture, it would go to the preview where it has the "click for options" and after about a second it just exits and goes to the home screen and the image is not saved. I tried running that app again and it threw another corrupt image. Note: I never took a picture.
Now, my phone seems very buggy. IDK if this app caused it or just caused me to notice it. Also, I tried to use a different from stock camera, didn't work either.
My clock (FlipClock Blackout) is not updating correctly. The next morning it was still at a time from that night. Also, the weather is not updating. Clicking the options and exiting updates the clock, but the weather does not(also tried clicking the "sun" or whatever to get to the basic forecast, but it was old as well.) It appears to be working fine now (2 days later).
I can't play any music at all. Sometimes it throws up a "unable to play this file", but most of the time it freezes up for a second and goes back to the library.
I loaded up Fission Rom Manager, and clicked "list downloads". It was thinking for a second, and then returned with nothing.
At first I thought this was happening because my SD was pretty much completely full, so I deleted some stuff and have a gig free now. Still have all problems.
Any ideas?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First and foremost, you want to get a new ROM because Fission is no longer supported.

OP
S

SmokeyMP

Reaction score
If I recover to Foryo will it update my google account with less apps or will it update my phone with the apps I currently have? I'm planing on doing a factory reset after this as well.
I'm thinking CM7, but I want something that is easy to theme(I need my black status bar and circle with % battery), good battery life, good functionality, etc...
I'm definitely going to copy the SD to my computer before anything.