Error message, inability to text and freeze and reboot... Oh my!

jdavis641

Reaction score
I have had an existing problem with my phone freezing and rebooting prior to the update (interface overhaul) in September. Since then I constantly get this gapps has caused an unexpected error pop of regularly. Now, when sending a text the phone will freeze for a couple of seconds and kick me out of the text all together. I try to send the same text again and it does the same thing. I have to shut the phone off and power on again to send the text.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

lizard

Reaction score
What are you texting with, the stock app, or something from the market? I would clear your texting app data. Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All Tab>the app in question>then clear data. Reboot just for good measure. You will have to reconfigure any settings in the app again like a new install.

If that doesn't work, you can uninstall the app, if not a stock app, then reinstall from Market.

Or, try a different texting/messaging app. I think most people use either Handcent or GoSMS.

Good luck.

Sent from my rooted, and CM7 rommed, Droid2

OP
J

jdavis641

Reaction score
Thank you so much Lizard. I am using stock app for messaging, but I will try one of your recommendations as far as the app goes.