Droid 2 SBF Problem/Recovery Problem

Sakker

Reaction score
So... a friend of mine rooted my phone and installed a bunch of nifty software, which I never learned how to use.
Cyanogenmod, clockwork, etc
My phone worked perfectly, until I went to use the Droid 2 Bootstrapper to restore to a backup I had made. I just wanted to restore the backup, because I was not using the new apps and 2.3 to its full potential, and wasn't gaining anything out of having a rooted droid2.

So I loaded up bootstrapper, proceeded as the instructions told me, and when I went to restart into the recovery the phone got stuck on the M logo on bootup.

After much research I download RSD Lite v4.9 and the SBF (VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf). However, when I started the phone in the bootloader RSD lite is not recognizing the phone, resulting in my total inability to flash to the sbf.

Any suggestions? I cannot boot the phone up, because it gets stuck on the Motorola logo. Wiping the phone does nothing, and I'm kind of at a loss atm.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you install the Motorola USB drivers? Cyanogen has a built in bootstrapper, so installing another bootstrapper will cause a conflict. At this point, you must SBF.

OP
S

Sakker

Reaction score
Yes, I installed the usb drivers. Hell my computer recognized the phone but RSD just won't pick it up.
An older version or RSD picked up my phone, I think it was 4.1. But, when I clicked start it failed, so I updated to 4.9, and now its not seeing the phone.
Thanks for the speedy reply.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes, I installed the usb drivers. Hell my computer recognized the phone but RSD just won't pick it up.
An older version or RSD picked up my phone, I think it was 4.1. But, when I clicked start it failed, so I updated to 4.9, and now its not seeing the phone.
Thanks for the speedy reply.

Did you reinstall the USB drivers after installed 4.9? Motorola software is tricky sometimes.

OP
S

Sakker

Reaction score
Yup, I installed the drivers, then RSD 4.9, then the drivers again, restarted, drivers again, restarted, etc.

I am going to uninstall everything and start from scratch right now.

OP
S

Sakker

Reaction score
It didn't. The computer recognizes there is a device plugged in, but RSD is still not recognizing the phone.

Now my battery has died, so bootloader keeps saying low battery, can't program. Tried plugging it into the wall and the phone attempts to boot up, and still gets stuck on the Motorola logo, and doesn't charge.

I'm probably on my way to the verizon store to see if they can flash to default, or at least charge my batter, or see if I can buy a batter only charger.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It didn't. The computer recognizes there is a device plugged in, but RSD is still not recognizing the phone.

Now my battery has died, so bootloader keeps saying low battery, can't program. Tried plugging it into the wall and the phone attempts to boot up, and still gets stuck on the Motorola logo, and doesn't charge.

I'm probably on my way to the verizon store to see if they can flash to default, or at least charge my batter, or see if I can buy a batter only charger.

Have you tried holding the "Up" arrow and booting into bootloader to charge it?

OP
S

Sakker

Reaction score
Didn't know about that command, it should be charging now. The charging light led is on and the phone is not stuck booting, so I'm giving it a little bit to charge then will try again.
After it charges I'm going to attempt to use a different computer. Hopefully the next computer I use will recognize the phone.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Didn't know about that command, it should be charging now. The charging light led is on and the phone is not stuck booting, so I'm giving it a little bit to charge then will try again.
After it charges I'm going to attempt to use a different computer. Hopefully the next computer I use will recognize the phone.

That said, once it's charged, let it stay in bootloader and plug it in via USB. The PC may recognize it.

OP
S

Sakker

Reaction score
Trying a different computer has worked. The process is underway now. Will check back when its done.

Thanks Urban!!

lizard

Reaction score
I still use windows xp. I had to be logged on as administrator to get mine to work.