Problem with message delivery

Bassinthetrunk

Reaction score
Personally I own the first Droid, however one of my friends is currently having problems with her Droid 2. The icon for "problem with message delivery icon" pops up whenever she receives a text message (standard messaging app, no downloaded messaging apps). When clicked on it says "message not available". I tried force closing the app and restarting it and that did not work. When taken to a Verizon store the man said that it was caused by the Advanced Task Killer application which she did not need because she was running Android 2.2. Personally I thought this was bad information because 1. I've never heard of a problem like that before and 2. Verizon put that application on my phone for me. Also, as soon as she left the store the message popped up again even though the guy deleted the task killer. I've done everything I can think, any ideas? Thanks!

pool_shark

Reaction score
Try clearing the data from the text messaging app. It's in the same location as the force close.

louy99

Reaction score
I agree with clearing tha data under settings/applications/manage applications. Task killer is worse for the phone too. Glad she took it off

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
She should try downloading handcent sms from the market. It lets you delete messages that failed to send, which should remove the notification. Also, ATK is not necessary on phones that run 2.2, for once the VZW rep had it right.