Problems with slide-out keyboard

ka49s

Reaction score
Ever since I got the most recent software update, I've been having problems text messaging on my keyboard. When I press certain keys, the phone will take me away from the text message to another application (i.e., when I try to type the letter "l", I'll get taken to my calendar; when I try to type "g", I'll get taken to the Gmail app...). Anyone else have this problem / know how to fix it? Thanks.

cjr111

Reaction score
Droid 2 software upgrade keyboard problems

So the forced software updgrade for the Droid 2 screws up keyboards. The local Verizon Wireless store says they are seeing customers everyday with this issue. Sometimes a reset works but in my case it did not. At first they were reluctant to replace the phone but eventually a manager did the right thing and sent me a new one. But Motorola needs to proactively get in front of this sort of thing. They should have sent out a recall notice and offered replacement phones for anyone whose phone did not fix upon the update. BAAAAAAAD customer service Motorola -- why is incumbent on the customer and Verizon to manage thru this?????????