QWERTY Keyboard issue

cwgblade1989

Reaction score
Outa now where when trying to text on my slide out keyboard the G, L, P, AND B keys have been short cutting to certain thing and not typing the letter. The G opens my google mail, the L opens the calender, P opens music and B opens the web! Its only with the slide out keyboard, the tough screen doesnt do it. anybody know how to fix this?

Reaction score
There's a setting somewhere in the global settings menu to change your keyboard shortcuts. I'm pretty sure that for those to work, though, you need to be holding alt when you press them. I think. I have mine turned off, so I don't know for sure. I'm pretty positive they're not just supposed to happen when you're typing, though.

yummyDroid

Reaction score
it sounds like your find key on the keyboard is stuck pressed, since all of the keys you referenced above are shortcuts to those apps when pressed in combination with the search key (ie search + g opens gmail)

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
it sounds like your find key on the keyboard is stuck pressed, since all of the keys you referenced above are shortcuts to those apps when pressed in combination with the search key (ie search + g opens gmail)

Thats a good thing to check! Didnt think of that when I had the problem the other day. I just did a wipe or an sbf, forget which, again, and it went away.

OP
C

cwgblade1989

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys but a setting in the Applications menu "Quick Launch" was on for just those keys.

gregnx

Reaction score
My keyboard was stuck for only some shortcuts, I resolved this by disabling Swiftkey X beta as an "enabled" keyboard, even though I don't currently use it.