"l" key (that's an L) Popped Up Calendar App

Mahstah

Reaction score
On the hardware keyboard, the "l" key popped up the calendar app every time I pressed it when texting. Using the screen keyboard, it didn't do this.

It just started happening out of nowhere, and I noticed in the recent search terms on this site someone else searched for the same issue.

I did *228 to reprogram the phone and it still launched calendar with the "l" key.

Finally, I reset the phone by popping the battery out and putting it in after a few seconds. This fixed the problem.

Just an FYI for anyone else out there who discovers this strange Easter Egg.

hyatari

Reaction score
check in your applications/quick launch settings and see if calender is set to the letter L. its only supposed to launch when you hit search + specified letter but sometimes you may hit the search key accidentally then a letter. i dont use this feature so i just cleared everything in quick launch.

oskie

Reaction score
Thanks Hyatari! My problem is solved! LOVE this site!

SPerry

Reaction score
I had a similar issue yesterday. The G key would open gmail, rebooted phone and it was corrected.

bobsyuruncle

Reaction score
Same Problem

I had the same problem. This solution worked for me as well.... I found that you can disable the shortcut. I also went back into txt message screen and tried hitting the hardware search key once and that fixed it as well. For me it seems that if you hit that key once by accident it can stay locked in till you hit it again... even if you exit your txt message and come back. Kinda like a caps lock gone wrong.

johannestaas

Reaction score
fix without removing battery or rebooting

I've fixed this annoying issue by pressing and holding down the search button, menu and home separately. I think they get "stuck". Also running CyanogenMod on HTC Vision, but I had this issue before flashing that rom on.