Anyone unsatisfied with the D3

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that about your d3. But did you take it back for a new one or did you just give up. Don't forget to go to the iphone forums and see all the issues it has. I get a little bothered that people give up and run to the iphone. I've read a few like that recently and its all the same they just give up. There are a bunch of android phones to try if one is a faulty unit like the one you had. Just like every electronic device they are mass produced and some will be bad units. But if you like a locked,boring, phone that does nothing unique then I do hope it works out for you. Im not trying to be rude. But the iphone is not perfect. It has issue too.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Spoken like a typical Android fanboy. Seriously, some of you are worse than sanctimonious vegans. I never said I'd never own another Android phone. For the time being, I'd be comfortable with an iPhone. I'm an informed consumer. I've done plenty of research, I've made a decision, and I find it hilarious how a handful of people on here will instantly bash the iPhone for being "locked and boring".

Ever hear of jailbreaking? Sure, it doesn't allow for the full level of customizability that Android does, but I don't really care. I don't like widgets, I don't like animated wallpaper, and I don't really care about personalizing it with fancy icons and changing the colors of everything.

If I said I was returning my D3 for a Charge, would this have gotten the same response on here? Nope. God forbid I don't commit to owning an Android phone for the rest of my life. Just sayin'

Its not that ur going to a iphone, its that a devive that just came out ur mad cuz it has some bugs. I have had no probs with mine at all! As for me, I love to be able to customize every aspect of my phone so it works best for me! I like to make "my phone" my phone!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I think that you just gave up to quick thats all. Trust me apple fanboys are do much worse then android fanboys
I know I work with five of them. I can say a lot of nice things about the iphone but they will never say one good thing about an android phone if their life depended in it. Seriously I hope you enjoy your iphone and maybe one day you will come back to an android phone.

rushmore

Reaction score
I decided this morning that I've had it with my D3. Random reboots, freezing issues while loading the camera, had to do 2 battery pulls already, crappy quality screen, and a dead battery in 8 hours. Worst Android phone I've owned, and I still wasn't much a fan of my DI or my D1 with a few of the issues they had (though the Incredible was much better than either of the Motos).

I called VZW up a few hours ago, and I have a shiny new iPhone on the way.

There are some issues with the camera but the issues as a total you report are an outlier and so is your view of the display. Your sudden move to an iPhone also seems odd, if you have been using Android. No offense, but almost seems like a bait post.

wakeb791

Reaction score
Spoken like a typical Android fanboy. Seriously, some of you are worse than sanctimonious vegans. I never said I'd never own another Android phone. For the time being, I'd be comfortable with an iPhone. I'm an informed consumer. I've done plenty of research, I've made a decision, and I find it hilarious how a handful of people on here will instantly bash the iPhone for being "locked and boring".

Ever hear of jailbreaking? Sure, it doesn't allow for the full level of customizability that Android does, but I don't really care. I don't like widgets, I don't like animated wallpaper, and I don't really care about personalizing it with fancy icons and changing the colors of everything.

If I said I was returning my D3 for a Charge, would this have gotten the same response on here? Nope. God forbid I don't commit to owning an Android phone for the rest of my life. Just sayin'

Its not that ur going to a iphone, its that a devive that just came out ur mad cuz it has some bugs. I have had no probs with mine at all! As for me, I love to be able to customize every aspect of my phone so it works best for me! I like to make "my phone" my phone!

I think that you just gave up to quick thats all. Trust me apple fanboys are do much worse then android fanboys
I know I work with five of them. I can say a lot of nice things about the iphone but they will never say one good thing about an android phone if their life depended in it. Seriously I hope you enjoy your iphone and maybe one day you will come back to an android phone.

This is my third Android device. I'm not giving up too quickly. Similar bugs have plagued previous devices, and I've had both the previous phones rooted as well. I'm looking for something more reliable, and that's what I'm going for. I use my phone for business a lot, and I can't have it keep freezing on me and giving me BS. After Ice Cream Sandwich is out, you bet your ass I'll take another look into Android, but right now, it's not cut out for me when there's a more stable and reliable alternative out there. I'm an equal opportunist, and I've given Android enough attention for now.

Nice that some people can understand, but to the others, get off your high horse and fock yourselves. Have fun being the loser that everyone in your circle of friends hates talking to because you're too obsessed over your phone :)

General Tso

Reaction score
I've had many Androids. Devour, Dinc, Droid X, Thunderbolt, Droid 3. I felt I owed it to myself to try Apple. I own no other Apple products. If I have issues with Apple, I'll try windows or BB. I'm just sick of constant bugs. Also, get some quality control on the market.

rushmore

Reaction score

This is my third Android device. I'm not giving up too quickly. Similar bugs have plagued previous devices, and I've had both the previous phones rooted as well. I'm looking for something more reliable, and that's what I'm going for. I use my phone for business a lot, and I can't have it keep freezing on me and giving me BS. After Ice Cream Sandwich is out, you bet your ass I'll take another look into Android, but right now, it's not cut out for me when there's a more stable and reliable alternative out there. I'm an equal opportunist, and I've given Android enough attention for now.

Nice that some people can understand, but to the others, get off your high horse and fock yourselves. Have fun being the loser that everyone in your circle of friends hates talking to because you're too obsessed over your phone :)

Seems you are on the high horse and then accusing others of such. Can understand the reliability need, but so far even after loading 150 apps, the D3 is very stable. Now, if you were referring to the DX2, I would agree.

I have an iPod4 64gb, but see iPhone as too constraining.

rushmore

Reaction score
I've had many Androids. Devour, Dinc, Droid X, Thunderbolt, Droid 3. I felt I owed it to myself to try Apple. I own no other Apple products. If I have issues with Apple, I'll try windows or BB. I'm just sick of constant bugs. Also, get some quality control on the market.

Probably should have waited two months, since the i5 should be out with bigger display and A5 chipset.

Seems the folks in this thread that are getting iPhones are the ones starting the insults, based on the posts.

Enjoy your devices, none the less.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I agree with the getting some quality control in the market but I also think that there are better apps in the android market because its not as strict as apples. If Steve jobs says no , it doesn't happen so I think apple misses out in some really good apps. As much as we don't whant people to leave android for the iphone there are people that leave the iphone for android. Probably for the same reasons. Android does the most out of all the operating systems out there and yes it has bugs. Android is not perfect but neither is the iphone. They both have issues. Its just comes down to who you like and what you what from your phone. I want choices and if I don't like something on my phone I can change it. To me that's android not the iphone. I've had an iphone and it was not for me.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
There's little black and white. Mostly grey.

What is said about the iPhone is true. Beautiful display, stable, more mature apps. Small display, no keyboard, no Flash, stuck with iTunes.

What is said about Android is true. More hardware choices, more functionality (Flash, freedom to longpress a link and download something to your phone). New phones always seem to launch with bugs, apps not as mature.

Nothing's perfect. Go with what you like. Competition between these companies is good. If you're getting a recently released Android, there often will be bugs that need to get ironed out. If you're getting an iPhone you'd better be happy with iTunes and not having Flash or the freedom to do something as simple as download a file off of a web site or change your battery.

jimikeys

Reaction score
Just owning an ipad makes me not want to own an iphone. With an ipad you do what apple says you can. I'm a writer so my ipad is good for that purpose, the apps for writing exist on it where they don't exist on android. once they do i'll get an android tablet.

but the iphone is just boring to me, there's no excitement with it just hey steve jobs says this and follow what he says mindlessly...apple will screw u but it's ok b/c u have an iphone... go on the iphone boards those phones have issues as well... your biggest issue is not having netflix on your phone? seriously? well netflix is taking time so that the phone can work properly with it.

is android perfect, no...but neither is apple, if u truly wanted reliability u should get a blackberry, built like tanks long battery life and u won't have any issues.

some apps on android do cause conflicts and they get fixed, if they don't then don't use the apps.

as far as i'm concerned as someone who own the G1 and the Droid 1 and now a Droid 3...the growth of android is amazing and will only get better. gingerbread is the smoothest mobile OS i've ever had... even my ios on ipad screws more than this phone. I can't wait for it to get ICS and run even smoother.

I like android b/c it's cutting edge by the time iphone 6 or 7 comes out with LTE service android will be on LTE with global service(namely DROID4 with a more mature more integrate generation 2 chipset with LTE which will cut down battery issues that are plaguing the current crop of LTE devices as well as the rest of them for this year probably)...

cutting edge comes with bumps...

ppl complain about the overlays so install a home replacement, i just switched to go after being with Lp even tho I like blur I got more function out of the home replacements. cost me nothing.

i get it some ppl like safe but please don't make it seem like ios has no issues whatsoever...i mean the iphone on verizon doesn't even run the ios found on ipad 1, ipad 2 or the iphone on at&t so you've be getting an OS that hasn't been updated to bring it up to par with the other apple products. it's a fragmented phone & it drops calls, that can't be good for business.

I mean good luck with your iphone but i truly hope u paid attention to it's bad instead of looking for excuses to run to apple and become part of the hive.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I know this out of the ordinary at the moment, but here goes an on-topic post:

I'm not unsatisfied in the slightest so far. It's pretty much everything I was wanting/needing out of a phone at the moment.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
As I've said on several D3 threads I guess I got lucky with mine. Had mine for a week and only had 2 quirks happen. Had 1 reboot and the statusbar disappeared on me. Other than that zero issues.

Love the screen size, having a stable version of Gingerbread, and of course the keyboard. Missing the camera button a little, but it didn't work all the time anyway with my D1, ..lol

I love my D3. I went into the local VZW store and did a quick comparison with the DX2, Charge, and TBolt and don't regret my decision at all.

Droidrage729

Reaction score
As I've said on several D3 threads I guess I got lucky with mine. Had mine for a week and only had 2 quirks happen. Had 1 reboot and the statusbar disappeared on me. Other than that zero issues.

Love the screen size, having a stable version of Gingerbread, and of course the keyboard. Missing the camera button a little, but it didn't work all the time anyway with my D1, ..lol

I love my D3. I went into the local VZW store and did a quick comparison with the DX2, Charge, and TBolt and don't regret my decision at all.

I agree i've had a reboot or two but nothing crazy. I got them on my x rarely but I did. The minor quirks i've found are with this version of gb not the phone. I'm pretty confident there will be a patch type update soon to this gb version. I'm happy with it all and all can't wait for root.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk