Anyone unsatisfied with the D3

VAsWorst

Reaction score
One thing I truly hate is buying freshly released phones...It's usually always something quirky with it that is fixed in later releases but then somebody always wants to BS you about getting a new one.

So I want to know is anyway truly unhappy with the new D3?

I kinda hate the fact that in order to have a QWERTY keyboard with android...the Droid series is pretty much your ONLY option. But I digress...
I'm coming from the D2...is it truly worth upgrading to the D3 or should I wait it out and see what else they are going to be coming up with?

Venom51

Reaction score
So far I don't really have anything to complain about minus the unwanted and unneeded VZ bloatware. Blur isn't terrible on this device as it was on the D2. Sure it could be better and sure the changes to the email client have irritated because the stock email app worked in a way I liked. However the superb keyboard and a couple widgets have made me rethink the email app a bit. Change from what you have become accustomed to is always a little of a pain but this device is a marked improvement over the D1 and better than the D2. Had they left it stock and kept the crap bloatware off the device I don't think I could come up with anything negative to say.

Stevelord

Reaction score
Like others, comes with a lot of junk. However, I rarely kill tasks...and havent noticed this thing slowing down at all. I've used Teamviewer and Nesoid a lot and have had zero issues. Again, I havent noticed any slowdown.

Small gripes

-Talking on speaker. When call is done, the screen is blacked out. Have to hit the top button or a volume button to light screen back up so I can end call. Saves battery I guess this way.

-Phone seems to lock on its own at random times of inactivity. Sometimes it seems like as little as 30secs.

neilrl79

Reaction score
i have no complaints after a week of use. i am however anxiously awaiting root so i can remove some of the bloat.

CatInTheHat422

Reaction score
Personally, I'm in a love/hate relationship with the D3 right now.

Reasons for love: Keyboard is amazing, speed of the phone is great, 3G seems to be faster, Build quality is great, screen really isn't that bad at all.

Reasons for hate: Terrible motoblur (whatever you wanna call it), tons of bloatware, no root (yet) and battery life seems to be on the short side. My number one problem with the phone right now is the fact that I am on my THIRD ONE due to signal drop.

I kid you not, there absolutely has to be something wrong with the software related to the antennas on these phones. Both of the previous D3's I owned (in the past 7 days) were so sporadic when it came to having signal (whether 3G or just phone signal) I couldn't rely on the phone as a phone. One minute I would be fine, the next I would lose 3G, no calls would go through, and I couldn't send/receive messages, regardless if I was stationary or moving any distance (Ex: in a car). My previous D1 had no issues in my area with service what-so-ever (NEPA region). The tech's I spoke with on the phone had no additional help in answering my question of why my phone is dropping signal like crazy. They said since the phone was so new, they had no other reports to compare it to, and that I was the first one to call complaining about the issue (odd the second tech said this due to the fact it was the second time I filed a complaint about the D3's signal). Their solution was to give me another one.

So, I'll end with this... I'm tired of 1 hour phone calls with Verizon's tech group that lead to nothing but another phone........I still love the D3 and believe that Verizon just needs an update to the baseband to solve the issue. My only hesitation is the signal. Many have not complained at all, leading me to believe it could be my area that has the issue with service. Beyond that, I am clueless. There is NO WAY I could receive 3 faulty phones in a row.

If you were thinking of getting a D3, ask one of the reps if anyone complained about the service first and if not, I'd say go for it, you wont be disappointed (as long as you don't have the signal issues as I did).

Reaction score
After owning it for about 9 hours, I love it! :icon_ banana:

I'd say the hardest part is losing a lot of the settings/apps that come with the Rooted territory. But I am definitely glad I upgraded to a bigger screen, spacious keyboard and faster processor.

Yes, there is a lot of bloatware, but Motoblur allows you to create App Groups so that you can only display the applications that you want. Any time I download an app that I'll use a lot, I put it into my App Group. I know it's not removing the bloat, but hiding it helps! :D

KidCuda

Reaction score
I like the fact that I can read this forum in blinding sunlight! :)

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I find it funny that someones asks if they "hate" the phone, but the community starts talking about how much they "like" the phone...lol

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Raidy

Reaction score
I've had the phone about a week now, and my only complaint is the battery life is a little under par compared to my D1 or X2. However, I just got the extended battery today, so I have a feeling that sole complaint will be gone as well.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do not hate this phone at all. I'm completely in love with it! Seriously, I can't find anything wrong with it. Maybe I got lucky? No dropped calls, the moto blur is not bad.. I don't see why people complain about it? I still don't like it, but it's not bad and will suffice till rooting and such. Plus, I have Go Launcher on and Locker Widget for my home screen/lock screen.

Things I dislike:
-The New Gallery, fancy but.. meh. Confusing. So, I used 3D Gallery
-
-
-

Great phone, definitely recommend it.

jimikeys

Reaction score
no complaints from me. I added launcher pro today tho just for some added customization and i got my 1st force close well my 2nd and 3rd and the redraw sucked. i'm guessing the developer just needs to optimize it for 2 core devices like the D3. it's a top flight device.

OP
V

VAsWorst

Reaction score
Ok guys...well looks like I will invest in mine tomorrow and give it a test drive.

Big D

Reaction score
I seem to be the only jerk in the world who's slider mechanism is loose. What's worse is that the cleaning crew in my office threw away the box and everything that came with the phone last night.

So in the ridiculuosly unlikely event that Verizon would have replaced the phone, I now cannot send it in because i have no box.

Talk about anti-climatic. Totally bummed.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
I don't think you need the box. You're still in the 14 day worry free period, right? I got my D2G replaced due to reboots and I didn't bring the box.

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.