Anyone unsatisfied with the D3

wakeb791

Reaction score
I decided this morning that I've had it with my D3. Random reboots, freezing issues while loading the camera, had to do 2 battery pulls already, crappy quality screen, and a dead battery in 8 hours. Worst Android phone I've owned, and I still wasn't much a fan of my DI or my D1 with a few of the issues they had (though the Incredible was much better than either of the Motos).

I called VZW up a few hours ago, and I have a shiny new iPhone on the way.

Reaction score
I said "screw it" and went into the Verizon store today. Just handed them the phone and told them the problem and they went in the back, came out with a new one, programmed it and handed it to me. Took 15 minutes total.

The phone not only slides much tighter but it runs way smoother. I think they originally sent me a demo or something (knowing full well that there aren't demos yet).

It was the easiest time I've ever had @ Verizon. Totally pumped.

Thanks all. Love the phone.

Excellent!

Reaction score
I decided this morning that I've had it with my D3. Random reboots, freezing issues while loading the camera, had to do 2 battery pulls already, crappy quality screen, and a dead battery in 8 hours. Worst Android phone I've owned, and I still wasn't much a fan of my DI or my D1 with a few of the issues they had (though the Incredible was much better than either of the Motos).

Sorry to hear that about your d3. But did you take it back for a new one or did you just give up. Don't forget to go to the iphone forums and see all the issues it has. I get a little bothered that people give up and run to the iphone. I've read a few like that recently and its all the same they just give up. There are a bunch of android phones to try if one is a faulty unit like the one you had. Just like every electronic device they are mass produced and some will be bad units. But if you like a locked,boring, phone that does nothing unique then I do hope it works out for you. Im not trying to be rude. But the iphone is not perfect. It has issue too.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score

Sorry to hear that about your d3. But did you take it back for a new one or did you just give up. Don't forget to go to the iphone forums and see all the issues it has. I get a little bothered that people give up and run to the iphone. I've read a few like that recently and its all the same they just give up. There are a bunch of android phones to try if one is a faulty unit like the one you had. Just like every electronic device they are mass produced and some will be bad units. But if you like a locked,boring, phone that does nothing unique then I do hope it works out for you. Im not trying to be rude. But the iphone is not perfect. It has issue too.

I have accepted that for many people, the less thinking and control they have over their phones, the better. They need their hand held and to be limited.

kparks

Reaction score

Maybe you should of got the dinc 2 if u like the dinc then... I refuse to buy anything Apple.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't want to bash anyone for getting an iphone but at least try to fix the issue with the phone you have now first. You have a right to take it back and get another one. That's why there are warranties. So that's my issue is try to fix it first before you walk away. Im hoping to get the d3 soon. And even if its not running right I will take it back over and over until I get one that works. Or I will try to fix it buy doing a factory reset. I've herd that helps. Anyway im an android fanboy for life.

PaulJ69

Reaction score
I upgraded from a Samsung Rogue, so the D3 doesn't compare.
I love everything about the D3. I'm still getting use to having a smartphone.
The only things I'm not to thrilled about is the heat, it got up to 120F. My keyboard is tougher to slideout than my old rogue. The battery doesn't last to long. I don't know if this is just me or what, but lets say when I'm fruit slice my finger movement don't get recognized for some reason. I have to rub my fingers together or use my fingernail for a little bit and then its better. It has been happening pretty often. Any help?

Reaction score
Ive read many threads that have talked about the battery getting hot.but never doing it again. Maybe just something that the batteries do when new. The screen I would keep an eye on and if it gets worse then take it back for a new one. The slider should be tight it will loosen up as you use it. Better tight then loose at first.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Take it in to the store and tell them, chances are, they'll just simply give you a new phone. And frankly, the phone should NOT be getting that hot. Even my D2G when it decides to become a handwarmer only hits 110 degrees at max. Again, like another has said, there will be bad units even in mass production devices. Here's a funny thing about the iPhone my dad got though, it calls people randomly and very, VERY often. So to anyone that jumps ship to apple...Yeah. :laugh:

General Tso

Reaction score
I don't want to bash anyone for getting an iphone but at least try to fix the issue with the phone you have now first. You have a right to take it back and get another one. That's why there are warranties. So that's my issue is try to fix it first before you walk away. Im hoping to get the d3 soon. And even if its not running right I will take it back over and over until I get one that works. Or I will try to fix it buy doing a factory reset. I've herd that helps. Anyway im an android fanboy for life.

I also returned my D3 for an iPhone. I've had it with Android bugs. I'm not swapping phone a hundred times, I'm not doing a hard reset a hundred times. Just make a product that does what it is supposed to do. I'm not a hacker or modder. An iPhone is not as customizable as android, but I don't care if I can change my email sound or not. I'm not a big fan of Apple or their business practices. I've owned numerous androids. I've just had my fill of crappy software. After 3 days I had to pull the battery 2 times. Also I cpoldn't handle the screen being so laggy. Also can't handle no netflix. "It'll be fixed with an update" Familiar Android terminology. I refuse to accept constant bugs and issues. Test your products! I like android and the way it works, I'm just tired of bugs and being told "a fix is coming". The screen redraw issue on android is unbelievable! I mean it's got a dual core processor. I also think some of the multi-tasking with android causes issues. iPhone can't do as much as android, but what it does, it does well. For me, that's important. I fully believe the problem with android has to do with the manufacturer skins. I won't have another android phone till Verizon gets a Nexus phone.

wakeb791

Reaction score

Spoken like a typical Android fanboy. Seriously, some of you are worse than sanctimonious vegans. I never said I'd never own another Android phone. For the time being, I'd be comfortable with an iPhone. I'm an informed consumer. I've done plenty of research, I've made a decision, and I find it hilarious how a handful of people on here will instantly bash the iPhone for being "locked and boring".

Ever hear of jailbreaking? Sure, it doesn't allow for the full level of customizability that Android does, but I don't really care. I don't like widgets, I don't like animated wallpaper, and I don't really care about personalizing it with fancy icons and changing the colors of everything.

If I said I was returning my D3 for a Charge, would this have gotten the same response on here? Nope. God forbid I don't commit to owning an Android phone for the rest of my life. Just sayin'

wakeb791

Reaction score
I also returned my D3 for an iPhone. I've had it with Android bugs. I'm not swapping phone a hundred times, I'm not doing a hard reset a hundred times. Just make a product that does what it is supposed to do. I'm not a hacker or modder. An iPhone is not as customizable as android, but I don't care if I can change my email sound or not. I'm not a big fan of Apple or their business practices. I've owned numerous androids. I've just had my fill of crappy software. After 3 days I had to pull the battery 2 times. Also I cpoldn't handle the screen being so laggy. Also can't handle no netflix. "It'll be fixed with an update" Familiar Android terminology. I refuse to accept constant bugs and issues. Test your products! I like android and the way it works, I'm just tired of bugs and being told "a fix is coming". The screen redraw issue on android is unbelievable! I mean it's got a dual core processor. I also think some of the multi-tasking with android causes issues. iPhone can't do as much as android, but what it does, it does well. For me, that's important. I fully believe the problem with android has to do with the manufacturer skins. I won't have another android phone till Verizon gets a Nexus phone.

Hear, hear!

SpaZZoiD

Reaction score

Spoken like a typical Android fanboy. Seriously, some of you are worse than sanctimonious vegans. I never said I'd never own another Android phone. For the time being, I'd be comfortable with an iPhone. I'm an informed consumer. I've done plenty of research, I've made a decision, and I find it hilarious how a handful of people on here will instantly bash the iPhone for being "locked and boring".

Ever hear of jailbreaking? Sure, it doesn't allow for the full level of customizability that Android does, but I don't really care. I don't like widgets, I don't like animated wallpaper, and I don't really care about personalizing it with fancy icons and changing the colors of everything.

If I said I was returning my D3 for a Charge, would this have gotten the same response on here? Nope. God forbid I don't commit to owning an Android phone for the rest of my life. Just sayin'

Its not that ur going to a iphone, its that a devive that just came out ur mad cuz it has some bugs. I have had no probs with mine at all! As for me, I love to be able to customize every aspect of my phone so it works best for me! I like to make "my phone" my phone!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
More like someone should've waited for root. Solves the majority of problems usually ...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

General Tso

Reaction score
I refuse to have to root my phone to make it function like advertised.