Anyone unsatisfied with the D3

Markster1

Reaction score
Lets just say the droid 3 was slower to respond to commands than I was used too.

Sent from my Incredible 2

lunacie

Reaction score
I had a few interesting issues when I first got my D3, reboots, occasional lag, wifi not always connecting.

Every single problem I had went away when I factory rest (wipe cache & data), and chose NOT to sync on first boot, instead load my programs manually one by one from the market.

I think there were some user settings from my D1 that conflicted.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

PJ_ED

Reaction score
I think she would like the D3. I like it much better then my DX and my Thunderbolt. It feels good in the hand and the keyboard is awesome!

I swore after getting the dx and tb on release day that I would never do that again because of the problems straight out of the box but I couldnt resist the urge to get this one. LOL.... so far, the D3 has blown the other two out of the water and actually works!

If she likes to take lots of pics, the D3 is perfect! The camera is amazing. Ive never used a bb so I cant compare them, but its far better then the DX.

Tethering is a breeze. I use pdanet once in a bluemoon.

I really can not picture anyone truely not liking this phone. Even my husband (a proud enV touch user...lol) has picked it up and played around with it.:)

My wife would use the camera a lot. She uses her BB camera all the time and usually gets better results than I get with my D1, which shouldn't happen. What I am really getting from everything on this post is that overall it is a great phone. There are a few rotten eggs out there though. I am pretty sure I will get my wife down to the VZ store to look at it and prep her for the rotten egg and that we may need to exchange it once or twice. Thanks!

pedromartinez

Reaction score
Lets just say the droid 3 was slower to respond to commands than I was used too.

Yeah, you are spot on. The reason it is not instant is because of Blur. When you install Launcher Pro, it is super snappy. But Launcher Pro doesn't look good on this phone. Blur's style looks so much better with the overall skin on this phone.

I can't wait to root. I'm a little confused that this baby gets 2200 on the Quadrant on cold runs. I really want 4G and if this is marginally faster than the LG Revolution, I would get that. But that has Froyo (mind you Gingerbread has been out for almost a year now).

There's always a gotcha on Verizon.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yeah, you are spot on. The reason it is not instant is because of Blur. When you install Launcher Pro, it is super snappy. But Launcher Pro doesn't look good on this phone. Blur's style looks so much better with the overall skin on this phone.

I can't wait to root. I'm a little confused that this baby gets 2200 on the Quadrant on cold runs. I really want 4G and if this is marginally faster than the LG Revolution, I would get that. But that has Froyo (mind you Gingerbread has been out for almost a year now).

There's always a gotcha on Verizon.

I guess I haven't really tested out Blur itself. Either way I was getting rid of it for a launcher. I use go launcher with a dark metal theme right now until root and it works wonderfully. Goes perfect.

TyrantII

Reaction score
I do miss the physical camera button, but the camera and software are much, much better then other Droids IMO. Still has some slight issues with the flash & high contrast overexposure, but the pictures are much better quality.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I do miss the physical camera button, but the camera and software are much, much better then other Droids IMO. Still has some slight issues with the flash & high contrast overexposure, but the pictures are much better quality.

The droid 3 has the option to map any key for whatever app you want. So you can gladly map the camera to a key of your liking :)

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

blackbelt27

Reaction score
Dislike the permanent blue theme, and bloat apps, odd battery usage

Love the os, feels sooooooo much more solid and smooth than any other android os, more solid than iphone os in my opinion

It doeesn't do weird stuff, not 1 fc since owned, no hanging or stopped or odd downloads, all notifications stay up to date, even when updating from market,

9/10

StainlessSteelRat

Reaction score
back on topic answer... <gasp>

I absolutely love the D3. I upgraded from a D1.

Favorite things...
The screen is great. I must not have a discerning eye, because I don't see a pixelated screen.
The phone is so fast!
Keyboard rocks! I didn't notice any mention of ZumoCast. It is amazing! I love dropbox, Google Music, Picasa etc... but wow I think ZumoCast is AMAZING!
The camera is fantastic. I am super glad to have a camera front, and back.
Gripes, as such...
Battery life is not as long as on my D1. Of course a V-8 uses more gas than a 4 cylinder does too. Battery has gotten warm on me as well.
*Thanks Cloudstrife 05 for the tip on switching networks from Global to CDMA. I hope the battery life improves.
I do miss the dedicated '?' key. I have to press alt now!
I miss the camera button.
*Thanks Malvado for the tip on remapping the keys
What is the point of the front facing camera when GTalk, Skype, and Tango won't use the dang thing!? Baaahhhh.
But seriously... ZumoCast... A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I can't wait to show it to my friend that has a D1. He is going to die of jealousy.

One last thing, is the guy that ditched his D3 and went to an iPhone still lurking around? Why would you stick around to argue if you were switching? I have never once went to an iPhone forum. I certainly haven't gone to one to compare antenna sizes, if you know what I mean.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I absolutely love the D3. I upgraded from a D1.

Favorite things...
The screen is great. I must not have a discerning eye, because I don't see a pixelated screen.
The phone is so fast!
Keyboard rocks! I didn't notice any mention of ZumoCast. It is amazing! I love dropbox, Google Music, Picasa etc... but wow I think ZumoCast is AMAZING!
The camera is fantastic. I am super glad to have a camera front, and back.
Gripes, as such...
Battery life is not as long as on my D1. Of course a V-8 uses more gas than a 4 cylinder does too. Battery has gotten warm on me as well.
*Thanks Cloudstrife 05 for the tip on switching networks from Global to CDMA. I hope the battery life improves.
I do miss the dedicated '?' key. I have to press alt now!
I miss the camera button.
*Thanks Malvado for the tip on remapping the keys
What is the point of the front facing camera when GTalk, Skype, and Tango won't use the dang thing!? Baaahhhh.
But seriously... ZumoCast... A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I can't wait to show it to my friend that has a D1. He is going to die of jealousy.

One last thing, is the guy that ditched his D3 and went to an iPhone still lurking around? Why would you stick around to argue if you were switching? I have never once went to an iPhone forum. I certainly haven't gone to one to compare antenna sizes, if you know what I mean.
Completely agree fellow Nebraskan. Lol.

I definitely miss the "?" mark. I use it so much more then "/". Don't know why they changed that..
Also, what is ZumoCast? I'd google it, but for some reason google is coming up as "invalid".

StainlessSteelRat

Reaction score
ZumoCast

It came on my phone as an app already installed. I read up on it. Apparently it's a technology Motorola bought into by purchasing the original company that developed the software.

Basically it allows me to access all of my photo's, videos, and music drawing it from my computer. No need to store it on the cloud. (although I still will for backup whenever I can)

So I tried it out today while sitting in a parking lot on N. 27th St. today, and it played a movie file from home through the 3G network with no lag, and great picture and sound.

Love it. That, combined with DVDCatalyst on the PC going to turn every queue line and moment of down time into an excuse. LOL.

Many of the other pre-installed apps seem to be a waste of time, but this one I like. Is it bloatware if it rocks?

spottedcatfish

Reaction score
Many of the other pre-installed apps seem to be a waste of time, but this one I like. Is it bloatware if it rocks?

Uh oh... That one's talking blasphemy. Don't worry, they'll silence you soon... =P

Seriously though, love this phone.

The screen has some noticeable issues, but if it's behind this wonderful battery life, I'll take it. The pixels fade really substantially at a distance that's about 4-5 inches further away then I generally hold my phone. Put it at arm's length and it looks good. I wonder if Moto is just tuning their phones for arms that are too long?

The camera is going to irk me. I don't like the blue haze it gives to close ups with flash. I'm going to have to put some time into figuring out a way to mitigate that. 90% of my cell phone pictures wind up being close-ups with flash, so it's a huge usability issue for me.

That said, I traded up from an LG Ally and I refuse to give up this phone over something so silly as having to explain to people that "no really, all my friends and pets are just blue like that."

Edit: Forgot, I HATE the Blur gallery. That thing was the definition of useless. I cruised over to the apps forum here though, and some kind soul had grabbed the stock gallery and it works like a charm. Much happier now, and much better able to organize and upload my pics.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It came on my phone as an app already installed. I read up on it. Apparently it's a technology Motorola bought into by purchasing the original company that developed the software.

Basically it allows me to access all of my photo's, videos, and music drawing it from my computer. No need to store it on the cloud. (although I still will for backup whenever I can)

So I tried it out today while sitting in a parking lot on N. 27th St. today, and it played a movie file from home through the 3G network with no lag, and great picture and sound.

Love it. That, combined with DVDCatalyst on the PC going to turn every queue line and moment of down time into an excuse. LOL.

Really, pre-installed too?! That sounds great! Definitely not bloatware if it's useful for the person, that's for sure.

endobrian

Reaction score

Great tip. I hope they pop it on the Bionic. sounds great.