Anyone tired of the fact that our phones.....

itwerk

Reaction score
Are still not made by HTC? My bro with his iphone thinks that android is better than his phone but not the droid because it isn't made by htc still and he says "htc is android, other phone companies using android aren't the same thing"

Darkseider

Reaction score
Are still not made by HTC? My bro with his iphone thinks that android is better than his phone but not the droid because it isn't made by htc still and he says "htc is android, other phone companies using android aren't the same thing"

Your brother is an idiot. What else can I tell you? I am sure you still love him but that statement coupled with the fact that he owns an iPhone goes to show where the gene pool IS and ISN'T between siblings. :icon_eek:

Grabraham

Reaction score
uhm no?

If I wanted a phone made by HTC I would have bought one. Not sure why I would expect my Motorola to be made by HTC nor am I sure I can even figure out how I would get tired of the fact that it is "still not made by" anyone other than the company that made it? :dry:

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google worked hand in hand with Motorola to create the Droid. From what I've read, it wasn't very different from the partnership between Google and HTC with the Nexus One.

The next "Google phone" (basically the Nexus 2) may be produced by Motorola, or at least there were rumors stating that.

OP
itwerk

itwerk

Reaction score
Yeah lol he said that verizon guys had no choice but to get the droid because the htc droid eris is for girls

Million

Reaction score
At first honestly I thought it was odd, being the only Android driven phone manufactured by Motorola.

2001400ex

Reaction score
Yeah lol he said that verizon guys had no choice but to get the droid because the htc droid eris is for girls

The iPhone is more for chicks than any android phone. Personally I would rather have my wife using an iPhone than a Droid because it is way simpler and less complex.

mjs31

Reaction score

Wow...that just does not make any sense.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Yeah no kidding, what the hell is so special about HTC? The iPhone rocks in my opinion but unlike the Nexus One, the Droid is by far Google's best mobile achievement overall. Even when every phone on the market blows it away it will still be looked back on as Google and Motorola's little gem. I don't see anything particularly outstanding about HTC. Newer technology always shines a little brighter.

dro

Reaction score
I am glad our phones are not made by HTC. Have you ever messed around with an Eris? I used calculators in high school that were more capable. Have you seen the multi touch tests with the N1? They are laughable. If you want to have some more chuckles, check out the reviews in the market for Asphalt 5, particularly the ones from Nexus owners. Anyway, I believe that HTC makes too many phones too fast, without much attention to detail. I love my beefy metal beast, and will only replace it with a Droid 2.

Read any HTC stories like these? =D
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/30240-naked-droid-falls-10-feet-concrete-laughs.html
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/16383-dropped-droid-15-ft.html
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/26129-body-glove-saves-droid-big-rig-crash.html
[video=youtube;eh2g7AIHdc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2g7AIHdc8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2g7AIHdc8[/video]

Last edited:

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'm a Chevy guy and all you Ford guys are idiots....Oh, wait...Sorry wrong generation of adolescents.

SG181

Reaction score
HTC makes nice phones (the Incredible is looking very good right now), but I chose my Droid for a reason. If I wanted to buy a different phone, I would have.

It's no wonder that Motorola is going through tough times though.....other than the Droid, they haven't had many good designs since the RAZR. Engadget had an article about a phone Motorola was developing, and it was a monstrosity. Phones just shouldn't be square. I'm surprised the Kin One hasn't received that nuch criticism for a such a design. Also, unless I can be sure Motorola won't pull any crap like they did with the Milestone (disabling custom ROMs), I won't buy a Motorola for my next phone. Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly satisfied with my Droid. But the Droid seems to be the exception rather than the standard for the quality of current Motorola phones.

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
This 40-something year old WOMAN loves her Droid! No cutesy little iphone needed for me. And I have 20-something FEMALE friends who love theirs, too.

Droid is not just boys, we girls like the toys!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Uh no. So your brother is fixated on brands without really understanding why?

Since when is HTC Android? Android is Android. HTC is a handset maker. Motorola is a handset maker. Neither are Android.

If he said "HTC is Sense, other phone companies using Android aren't the same thing" then at least his statement would make some semblance of sense.