anyone know why SMS does this?

chewy74

Reaction score
Ive seen a lot of topics about this issue, but no real answers or solutions. i keep getting duplicate incoming sms messages about 85% of the time. before anyone asks, its not a message notification, its an actual duplication of the message itself and the message count increases.

Ive thought it was handcent at first and uninstalled, but the dups persisted. it happens with every rom i flash and dont know if its hardware issues or software, but its making native texting virtually impossible... thank god i have unlimited sms or id be bankrupt

So does any developers or anyone from the rescue squad know what causes this and how to reolve it? could it happen from over flashing roms? i just want to fix it

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you getting them from everyone or just one person? I had the same issue for a while and it really bugged me until I realized that they were all coming from my gf when she was in low signal areas.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
No, I get them from different senders. My wife could text me right next to me in bed and I will get a triple duplication and I will text her back and she will not get the duplication

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
can try a couple things. Clear data for the mesaging app. If that doesn't do it. Clear data for your contacts and contacts storage.

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
Thanks I will try that

OP
chewy74

chewy74

Reaction score
Tried both suggestions and cleared messaging app, and contact and contact storage and still getting dups