Anyone get it yet?

chappyc

Reaction score
It rocks!!! Just setting up. My boss has GNEX - it is roughly equivalent in size and weight. When it gets ICS, then it will be best. Until then, it has greatest potential energy. After ICS update it will dominate.

No complaints. Will test battery life extensively with and without smart actions for the next 14 days. Will report later. Also will monitor phone temps qualitatively.

Very happy. My wife has had the razr since pre-release (and since I am her IT director) I am very familiar with it. So the maxx is the missing link and I have no regrets.

Will root and flash CM9 or something else once we get ICS....just because I want to push dual core to it optimum speeds.

Chappy

buckfill

Reaction score
I was wondering how long until someone asked the question. Very interested in reviews as well. It's going to take a lot for me NOT to take a 20 minute drive to my nearest VZW and buy this tonight. I did notice that VZW has a pretty big loop-hole in small print on this thing:

DROID RAZR MAXX talk time is up to 21.5 hours. Battery performance depends on network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, and voice, data and other application usage patterns.

However, I would think you could get through the day with extremely heavy use with a battery like this.

chappyc

Reaction score
My wifes razr gets through a day and a half on 3G with smart actions consistently without charge. I have no doubt I will get 2.5 days with smart actions on 3G. 4G should get at least a day. Its going to be so much better than my d2g with 4 batteries... Worst case is I get a 8400 mah external which I probably will anyway since it can charge many things.... And this will be a cleaner solution than what I have anyway.

To quote a famous jerk: "Winner" lol.

Saw the Rezound and GNEX both are great phones. But this new Razr is King! imhagro (and greatly researched)

OP
TristanCross

TristanCross

Reaction score
Let me know how long it takes for the battery to finally drain (statistics found on Verizon are bs)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

rboutin2

Reaction score
got mine a couple hours ago. Coming from droid x, this is an awesome step up. didnt want razr cuz it was too thin and light. LOVE the razr maxx's size and weight!! Already rooted,a nd getting ready to put all my data back using titanium :)

msblueline

Reaction score
Freaking awesome

Yes, I got mine this morning.

First one in the store. I beat the empoyees there, because I thought they opened at 900, they opened at 1000. Had to wait the slowest hour.

I finally got it though.

Will keep you posted.

msblueline

nickdahat

Reaction score
Got mine this morning. Not half bad. Little wonky as far as trying to navigate how to set up the new Blur bloat, but all in all a solid performer. 4G is solid, 3G is solid, Bluetooth is perfect. Screen needs to be a little brighter if I have my druthers. Haven't had the chance to play with the camera yet.

msblueline

Reaction score
Have to call them later. They didn't get any otterboxes in with the phones today. Actually about to call them right now.

msblueline

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
TristanCross

TristanCross

Reaction score
Do all the apps on DX work on Razr Maxx?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

rn701

Reaction score
Does wifi hotspot work? (using wifi not USB from tablet or unmodified PC/MAC)

What is the version/build info?

Thanks!

mcjonesy

Reaction score

Thanks!

I picked mine up at lunch today. Loving it so far.

Can't comment on the hotspot as I haven't tried it, but it's build .748.

MaXGTS

Reaction score
Those of you posting that you've picked up the Maxx today, please include the store and city in your message. Verizon store, Verizon kiosk, Costco, Amazon, etc. Thanks.

pappatech

Reaction score

Thanks!

I bought the Razr 3 days ago, and got aquainted with it before trading it bak to big red. I got the maxx this morning...almost the same phone. Rooted it with the same script. Hacked the Hotspot just like I did on Razr. On the razor it worked great. On the Maxx it do ok until I pull something big like streaming netflix. Then it gets all goofy and locks the phone up untill I reboot. USB tethering still works fine. I did do the update on the Razr before I tried using hotspot yesterday. The Maxx doesn't have an update yet. I have read that the update was to address teh hotspot issues that the Razr was having. Does anyone know if this is right? I have tried open garden and Barnacle but they do not seem to work on this phone. Any ideas on how not to pay for data twice. I am grandfathered in on unlimited data plan.