Anyone heard if the JB soak is being pushed yet??

itzjusmee

Reaction score
It looks like mattlgroff has a thread going with the 1.90 utility, although I'm a bit confused on what all it does. It says Windows+MAC+Linux (All-in-One). At first, I thought this meant it installed a multi-boot system, but I think he meant that upgrading from these platforms work, too. A computer is required to do this.

I'll read it later when it's done. It looks like he may still be editing it.

It reverts back to .211 and installs JB all in one as well as bringing you to the current update if you are running the christmas leak. Also works with all 3 platforms...windows, linux and mac. That's what i got anyway.

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
I'm running the JB X-Mas leak. The update I got via Download: DROID RAZR Jelly Bean Official Update for Those Running the X-Mas Build ? Droid Life is not working for me.

I booted into recovery... applied from external storage.. selected the file.. then got this,

-- Install /sdcard . . .
Finding update package . . .
Opening update package . . .
Verifying update package . . .
Installing update . . .
Verifying current system . . .
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/YouTube.
apk" . "ea8c20b9de2326d1a406241585e1f96bfa0f3b7e" . "bfb
506e0d8a2fbff355b94c379b063e282e3")
Installation aborted.

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I'm running the JB X-Mas leak. The update I got via Download: DROID RAZR Jelly Bean Official Update for Those Running the X-Mas Build ? Droid Life is not working for me.

I booted into recovery... applied from external storage.. selected the file.. then got this,

-- Install /sdcard . . .
Installing update . . .
Installation aborted.

That's interesting. Did you copy the file over from the computer or download it directly to your phone? I've heard it works either way. In fact, I was trying to download it, first but I couldn't seem to figure out how to do that, so I just connected my phone to my computer, then copied it over, then installed. Maybe just download the file again?

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
That's interesting. Did you copy the file over from the computer or download it directly to your phone? I've heard it works either way. In fact, I was trying to download it, first but I couldn't seem to figure out how to do that, so I just connected my phone to my computer, then copied it over, then installed. Maybe just download the file again?

I downloaded it straight to my phone the first try. The second try I downloaded it to my computer and transferred the file to my phone. I then tried both again. None of the attempts worked. Same error :/

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I downloaded it straight to my phone the first try. The second try I downloaded it to my computer and transferred the file to my phone. I then tried both again. None of the attempts worked. Same error :/
Wait for someone else to help you. I'm not positive, but they might ask you to wipe your cache or do a FDR (Factory Data Reset).

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)

-- Install /sdcard . . .
Installing update . . .
Installation aborted.

Have you tried doing an FDR? I remembered when trying to install the leak it did fail a few times due to me having disabled and deleted apps. When I did an FDR it went through fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

itzjusmee

Reaction score
Have you tried doing an FDR? I remembered when trying to install the leak it did fail a few times due to me having disabled and deleted apps. When I did an FDR it went through fine.

I don't understand why people are having problems updating when they have disabled or deleted apps. I've disabled and frozen plenty of apps and services that are not needed based on my usage and my update went through flawless the first try...

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score

-- Install /sdcard . . .
Installing update . . .
Installation aborted.

@Likwid_E - In case you haven't FDR'd before, make sure you plug your phone into your computer and use your keyboard/mouse to move any data you wish to keep to your SDCard. It's safe there. Also, be advised that your call logs and text logs will be erased. There are apps to backup/restore those. The two that were suggested were Call Logs Backup & Restore and SMS Backup & Restore. They're both free. Again, save your backup to your SDCard and you'll be fine. I can't help you with other apps that have stored data, though.

itzjusmee

Reaction score
JB is being pushed OTA as we speak, I am not a soak tester and received an update notification last night and another this morning on my refurb they sent me until mine comes back.

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I had commented (on one or more threads) that my phone was slow after the (manual) update from the XMAS leak to the OTA leak (.8 to .16). It must've been update time for a few apps. It seems to be working well, now.