Anyone else have a few worries?

ripstar42

Reaction score
After owning the pos that is the Samsung Charge, I am a little worried the phone won't be up to par. I mean the Charge is the crappiest phone I have EVER owned. Everything from no notification light to NEVER having internet connection. I sure hope it is and they improve the battery drastically. I also hope it doesn't feel like a cheap plastic pile like the charge does.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Not one worry here. Everything you mentioned about the Charge is opposite of the G-Nex from reading reviews and watching videos.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty confident that the software and hardware will be good. I too am concerned about the plasticness...plasticity...whatever...all that stupid plastic that Sammy likes to use. I held the Charge for all of 3 seconds and knew that it felt cheap, just like a girl in a short dress standing on the corner of 10th and Fremont in Las Vegas. Might give you a quick thrill, but sure won't last. I didn't even consider the Charge based on that. I really hope the GN is better than that.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I'm going to Otterbox it anyways so I'm not concerned with the plastic. I have read though that it has a much better feel for being plastic than the rest of Sammy's phones.

patriot95

Reaction score
I wish I didn't buy the RAZR in order to potentially play the return/exchange game. After holding it I fear the GN might feel cheap. But I'm hoping for the best!

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I'm going to Otterbox it anyways so I'm not concerned with the plastic. I have read though that it has a much better feel for being plastic than the rest of Sammy's phones.

You sure there will be one? They had one for the original Nexus, but not the S.

doublea500

Reaction score
After owning the pos that is the Samsung Charge, I am a little worried the phone won't be up to par. I mean the Charge is the crappiest phone I have EVER owned. Everything from no notification light to NEVER having internet connection. I sure hope it is and they improve the battery drastically. I also hope it doesn't feel like a cheap plastic pile like the charge does.

Ever seen the blackberry storm?

it literally had a fake touch screen. my friend had it and it broke on its own within a month. 0 times did he drop it and he had a case on it.

patriot95

Reaction score
Ever seen the blackberry storm?

it literally had a fake touch screen. my friend had it and it broke on its own within a month. 0 times did he drop it and he had a case on it.

I had the Storm for two years. It worked for a week.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I wish I didn't buy the RAZR in order to potentially play the return/exchange game. After holding it I fear the GN might feel cheap. But I'm hoping for the best!

I got the exact same worries, i figured if Verizon is delaying this phone to get people for $35 restocking i'll be a step ahead and get it from Costco meaning no restocking fee. This darn RAZR is so nice i am really afraid i wont like the feel of the Nexus. Hopefully ICS would make up for it. If not i'll be happy knowing i have 90 more days to be sure about it or go back to the RAZR.

jhkang

Reaction score
cant wait for this phone damnit....

i hate being patient.....

bluefire7002

Reaction score
cant wait for this phone damnit....

i hate being patient.....

I hear you man.. however coming from being one of the first with a thunderbolt, I sorta got used to this mess of it taking forever to get announced and not knowing when you would get it :blink:
I somehow dont feel that PO'd waiting for this thing :)

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I got the exact same worries, i figured if Verizon is delaying this phone to get people for $35 restocking i'll be a step ahead and get it from Costco meaning no restocking fee. This darn RAZR is so nice i am really afraid i wont like the feel of the Nexus. Hopefully ICS would make up for it. If not i'll be happy knowing i have 90 more days to be sure about it or go back to the RAZR.

ROFl, you seriously think that VZW would hold back on a phone to collect $35 from a few people all the while risk losing millions in sales? LMAO.

Danielsan

Reaction score

From what I understand, this is going to be a pure Google and Android experience, meaning Samsung won't be there to screw up the software and are simply just contributing from a hardware perspective.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
ROFl, you seriously think that VZW would hold back on a phone to collect $35 from a few people all the while risk losing millions in sales? LMAO.

Why else would they extend the return policy so much as of yesterday. It use to be 14 days now its until Jan 12. They have a database full of OG owners that are holding back for the Nexus. If they get just a few to buy early they are taking the chance to get the $35 and a refurb phone (which they an excellent client base of bargain hunters for) or actually sell the phone to someone that was holding back and a two contract extension.

Edit: BTW - what risk are you talking about?