Anyone else have a few worries?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by ripstar42, Nov 16, 2011.

1. mikeinctown

mikeinctown Member

Ratings:
    +1
    ROFl, you seriously think that VZW would hold back on a phone to collect $35 from a few people all the while risk losing millions in sales? LMAO.

2. Danielsan

Danielsan New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    From what I understand, this is going to be a pure Google and Android experience, meaning Samsung won't be there to screw up the software and are simply just contributing from a hardware perspective.

3. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery
    Developer

Ratings:
    +17
    Why else would they extend the return policy so much as of yesterday. It use to be 14 days now its until Jan 12. They have a database full of OG owners that are holding back for the Nexus. If they get just a few to buy early they are taking the chance to get the $35 and a refurb phone (which they an excellent client base of bargain hunters for) or actually sell the phone to someone that was holding back and a two contract extension.

Edit: BTW - what risk are you talking about?

4. RETG

RETG Active Member

Ratings:
    +111
    I'll wait and see how the phone actually works. It might be pure Google, but the hardware is pure Samsung, and I had a fascinate for a few days and it could not pick up a decent call signal a few miles from the tower. I will be watching closely to see how the phone reception is on this phone. Hopefully, Samsung has built a better phone.

5. Lars

Lars Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    Each anti-Samsung post makes me question more and more if I will make the switch the the Nexus once available. I had zero complaints with the OG Droid until the phone was nearly two years old, and I attribute much of that to my sheer desire to have something new and I wanted to find issues with my Droid. In the four days that I have had the Razr, I have nothing to complain about, and I have been pleasantly surprised with how much I actually like this device. I have said it before in other threads, but it will take a lot for me to switch to the Nexus. Currently the biggest factors that continue drawing me to the Nexus are the larger screen and screen quality, camera shutter speed and quality, and ICS. However, even with those potential features, build quality and form will be a huge factor because in my opinion, the Razr is superb when it comes to size, build quality, and feel.

6. dustinslee

dustinslee Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I agree well said! The razr is very sweet! And the teasing of the nexus is so dumb!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

7. alucard9114

alucard9114 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    My og droid is running ok i think it just does not have enough ram for Gingerbread may go back to a Froyo rom until i get the beast.

8. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    I had to swap 4 original Droids out until I got one that worked 100%, so lets not act like Motorola is infallible.

All manufacturers have their problems and since Samsung's Galaxy SII had the most sales of any Android phone this year, I'll take that as a good indicator of them improving their hardware. Sales obviously don't indicate direct improvement, but they do show that more people are giving Samsung a shot.

From two Nexus testers, I've heard nothing but good things about the device, hardware included. The only thing they both said was the speaker wasn't as loud as they'd hoped.

9. Preach2k

Preach2k Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,075
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
    Twitter:
    DroidNCState
    Couldn't a software update repair this?

10. Lars

Lars Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P
    Touché. However, my Motorola experience has been infallible, so I stand by my assertion. Keep in mind that all I am saying is that it will take a healthy number of positive reviews and personal hands-on experience with the Nexus to pull me away from what is proving to be a nice device from Motorola. I'm hoping the Nexus is as-advertised and more. The ICS demonstration last month was a thing of beauty; the thought of a 4.65" contoured screen with no capacitive buttons gives me chills; and vanilla android lacking bloatware + updates from Google...Well, you get the idea.

Bottom line, I want to be stuck with a decision between two great phones because no matter what, we are all happy with great devices and the bar will be raised to that next level.

11. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Not if the speaker is already cranked to it's highest voltage. I don't know enough about the speaker to tell you honestly. They didn't say the speaker was bad, it just wasn't as loud as say, the OG was.

12. patmw123

patmw123 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +72
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    The OG's speaker is like a loudspeaker compared to a lot of newer phones. I've had the DX, D2, and DPro, and none of their speakers were nearly as loud as the one on my OG.