Anybody not happy with 3.8.7?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by google123, Apr 29, 2011.

1. google123

google123 New Member

Any problems that you have noticed with the latest update that makes you want to go back??

I have gone back to 2.26.60 for now....

My Pro began locking up at different times. Not for long periods of time but more like 4-12 seconds or so each time at random times.

Another problem post-update is random reboots...twice for me.

Battery is not as good as it was with 2.26.60...
  2. dcj64

dcj64 New Member

Lots of static on in coming calls, taking phone to verizon today to see if they can fix it. If not I'll have to roll it back also, which I don't want to do because exchange works for once.
  3. zenivzen

zenivzen New Member

reboots randomly. one time when i plugged into the headphone jack.
  4. gsu_golfer

gsu_golfer New Member

So far it's been perfect for me.

Before the update - not so much.
  5. rocket_girl

rocket_girl New Member

Have had random reboots both before and after update. Have super-extended Mugen 3400mAhz, but phone can't Lread' it, thus phone shuts itself off anyway... Motorola extended is better (??).

Hangups... at times, much more laggy than before update. Have noticed more flukey negative things than improvements. Most frustrated my battery stuff...

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums
  6. StingRay

StingRay New Member

Very pleased so far...battery better and exchange syncing as close to 100% as I've seen...

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk
  7. gsu_golfer

gsu_golfer New Member

Exchange has been better, but my battery was already good, so I can't report on that.
  8. Western

Western New Member

Updated last Saturday. Phone runs really HOT now and battery only lasts 3-4 hours on stand-by. How do you go back to the previous build?
  9. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

You have to sbf.

Link is sticky in this forum.
  10. nanohead

nanohead New Member

Mine is definitely running better with the latest update. Crisper, faster and less crashes. I have to believe that lots of people have crashes and problems because of some goofy downloaded apps.

I had to remove a bunch over the course of the past few months to restore reliability.

Now with the update, and an extended battery, plus judicious additions of a few (only a few) apps, its one of the best phones I've ever had.
  11. rocket_girl

rocket_girl New Member

Nanohead,

Are you unrooted? If so, do you use stock launcher or other? I have been on similar path...uninstalling apps, trying to pare down for improved performance. Biggest ongoing bug for me is battery life/ charging. Still tweaking that.

Using LauncherPro now, but contemplating return to stock if that is smoother/ better since update.

12. Western

Western New Member

I'm going the route of deleting unnecessary apps. One thing I have noticed is the phone heating up seems somewhat random. Some days it's very hot, some days just warm. But since the update it's always been warmer than usual.
  13. Western

Western New Member

Deleted several apps, unrooted and still having the same problems. Oh, and I can't snyc with my Exchange server anymore ("Connection issue").
    This is a disaster
  14. kjjb0204

kjjb0204 New Member

Mine was slow as slow gets right after the update. I bit the bullet and did a factory reset and it runs quick and smooth for the most part.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk
  15. Western

Western New Member

Is there a post that tells how to do a factory-reset? I'd do it right now - but, you guessed it, I need to recharge first
  16. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Go into settings: privacy. Option for factory data reset is in there.

sent from somewhere...
  17. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

If you applied the update while your phone was rooted, you'll probably have to do a SBF flash in addition to a factory reset in order to get everything running smoothly. When the update is applied properly, everything runs so much better on the phone. It's finally just about to where it should have been upon release.
  18. zenivzen

zenivzen New Member

battery life is well. i think it was rocket girl who asked about the motorola extended battery. i recommend it. having the inability to read a battery is frustration galore. still having issues with random reboots since the updates. i run launcherpro and get good results with movement through screens. still wish for a truly random shuffle with any music player but doesn't seem like the update hit there. exchange is very good with touchdown. sometimes my phone receives it before my desktop, which is networked to the server at work. that's something. sorry for the mind dump, but whatever.
  19. Western

Western New Member

Rather than continue to pull my hair out, I followed kjjb0204's lead and did a factory reset. Phone was unrooted when the update hit so I didn't need to bother with sbf. Although I expexted major pain with the reset, I had used the VZ backup and all my apps came back. I can snyc with my office Exchange server without a problem. Battery life seems to be better (only losing 10-15%/hour rather than 20-25% before) with the std. Motorola battery. Although it sounds rather harsh, I recommend the factory reset if all other remedies fail.
  20. rocket_girl

rocket_girl New Member

Yep, that was me. Getting better results w/ Motorola extended battery (@15-is hrs) than with 3400mhAz Mugen extended battery (shows 12-hr life but phone does low power shutdown even sooner than that. Wondering whether I could have gotten a counterfeit Mugen (says it is 'for Driod Pro' rather than Droid Pro.). Seems like expensive garbage so far to me!!!! On business trip now, with 3 batteries (Motorola stock: Motorola extendedb Mugen) and 2 chargers. swapping at least once during the day. Grrrrrr...

Search tags for this page