Issues Using the Droid Pro on a Linksys WiFi Newtwork

SAVVY_1

Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of times when I need to power off my Droid, upon powering it back up my phone's wi-fi signal is gone.
I have to power cycle the router and then it's fine. But this happens too often.
* Anybody else experienced that?
* I have the latest Firmware updates on the Linksys router.
* Is there a setting on the phone that needs to be set?

Thanks.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Skates12

Reaction score
Could you elaborate further? Do you mean that you can't see the router after powering up the DROID or do you mean that you can see it but the DROID doesn't connect?

Knowing nothing, the 1st thing I'd ask is whether you hide your SSID. If so, the phone may not be able to "see" the router when powered back up.

Normally, to fix, you unhide SSID, connect the DROID to the router, then hide SSID.

Again, I don't have enough info, so taking a stab at it.

OP
SAVVY_1

SAVVY_1

Reaction score
Appreciate your reply.
SSID is visible
3G works when this happens and the DROID's wifi symbol isn't showing.
* All other PCs in the house lose the Linksys signal too when this happens.
That's why I'm wondering if it's coincidental...
Does ad hoc channel on my Droid have to be set at the same channel that the linksys is on (channels 2-11 because Linksys is on 2). Earlier today I changed Droid's ad hoc to 2 as well. Trying to narrow this down.
Also, when I'm back in range with my home network my Droid switches to the Wifi and is on my home SSID.
It just seems to happen when I swap the batteries in my phone (powering off/on) that it occurs a lot.
Thanks

OP
SAVVY_1

SAVVY_1

Reaction score
Thanks for replying, I'm going to look into it.